How much could I expect to pay?

EQUIDAE

Visit site
If I was to pay for someone to 'do' 3 horses for me in the mornings only, monday to friday? (feed, hays, waters, skip out, turn out - deep littered so it is only a skip out. I can do this in an hour, I would expect it wouldn't take longer than an hour and a half, how much should I offer? I don't want to appear cheap and insult someone, nor pay over the odds ;)

ETA this is not an ad - I already have someone (subject to agreeing a fee)

frannieuk

Visit site
OP - I pay £22 for exactly what you describe, although it is on an 'as required' basis rather than a regular thing so probably a premium added for that. If I were to have evening stables done too (bring in, rug change, feet picked, fed off etc), it's another £22.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I do 4 horses, morning and evening, turnout, muck out, bring in and feed after work £13 a day I get. Takes about 2 hours a day

thats not good as you are unable to get a proper job, maybe owner does the beds and you are only skipping out. OK if you are a teenager.
I think mucking out and turnout should be at least £10.00 per hour, as the person has to pay own travel, tax, insurance and NI.
I would not expect a horse to be mucked out and bedded up in less than 50 mins.
They need to be checked over at some time, or they might die.

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
If I was to pay for someone to 'do' 3 horses for me in the mornings only, monday to friday? (feed, hays, waters, skip out, turn out - deep littered so it is only a skip out. I can do this in an hour, I would expect it wouldn't take longer than an hour and a half, how much should I offer? I don't want to appear cheap and insult someone, nor pay over the odds ;)

ETA this is not an ad - I already have someone (subject to agreeing a fee)

I used to do a similar thing for £20 a day but I lived very local so it was an ideal situation for me, it's just the sort of job I would be looking for again to be honest but they are hard to come by at the moment I am finding.

applecart14

Visit site
I would say around £15 - £18 a day. If you paid £18 a day that would be a nice rounded number = £90 per week. I know its not loads to do but it still takes time and they have petrol to pay for.