How much could I expect

nedzy

Visit site
from a sharer?

I have a 17.1 8year old IDX, who although backed late, has competed low level BSJA and eventing with previous owner. I have had him 4 months, but in that time have relocated and changed jobs and do not have the time, and probably ability, to do him justice. He is in full livery with outdoor school with great hacking from yard, and I have transport for comps etc. What I was wondering is, is it cheeky of me to want to find a sharer who could do some jumping with him and some flat schooling, as well as hacking, and generally help me improve him or should I just be grateful for someone to exercise him? As I pay for him now it is not about sharing costs, I need help schooling more than financially. Opinions please?

sea_view

Visit site
I think that someone would be very lucky to get an opportunity like that
smile.gif

Little_Miss_1

Visit site
I totally agree! There are people all over the place (me being one of them... where are you??) who would LOVE an opportunity like that. NO definatley not asking too much! There will be people snapping your hands off for him! Just make sure that you get the right person who is capable of teaching you and the horse as this is only fair when you are not asking for a financial contribution.

As for options finding a sharer.. post your location and i'm sure there will be H&Hr's online willing to help. Or pop an ad in your local free ads and wait for the floods of responses!

Good luck!

nedzy

Visit site
Thanks...looks hopeful. I have not completely decided yet and is difficult with the weather now, as even less opportunity to ride. I am near Bradford. Not sure how I would go about assessing potential sharer's abilities though

sea_view

Visit site
You watch them ride, get your instructor to watch them too, have them on trial and see how you like them around your horse adn take it from there
smile.gif

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
and draw up some sort of contract re costs and availability of horse. get potential sharer to have a couple of lessons on him and see how they get on before committing to any arrangement.