How much do you love your yard?

Ali27

Visit site
I love my yard so much! Ha ha - I have told the Y/O that they would have to kick me off before I ever leave! The only way I would move would be if I won the lotto!
It is in the most beautiful location and has probably the best hacking in the area (for Staffs). In the summer, we have a mile long field to ride round and a stubble, hill field for use in winter so at least we always have the option of a blast. There are other areas of the farm to ride around with a few x country jumps. We have a flood lit sand/ rubber arena with set of jumps/ fillers. It is also 5 mins drive to our favourite competition venue with regular show jumping, dressage and x country facilities.
The Y/O and husband are so nice and helpful! Most of us have horses who are good doers so they adjust field sizes to suit our needs! Fences etc are all well maintained and the farmer delivers food containers to the field for us! I just feel so lucky to be on such a lovely yard!

Lydz13

Visit site
I rent a stable and field from a local farmer for a very good price. the hay is always good, the grazing is well managed, the hacking is lovely (once you cross one main road that people drive a million miles an hour down) and my horse potters around in front of his house. Best of all, I share with one other person, so I can fart around doing exactly what I like - which yesterday was have a go at very badly clipping Darco (she won't let me take her feathers off!!) and having a water fight with my 4 yo daughter :D

Visit site
I love my yard too! I can do what I want, when I want, make as much mess as I want, sing as badly and as loudly as I feel like, do all the dodgy dance moves and have only my beasties to laugh at me! Ok I keep my lot at my own house in the middle of no where so I never have to bother about other people, liveries or yard owners!

Perfect :D

Supertrooper

Visit site
I love mine cause it's my BF's field and I have to say it's lovely not to be on livery yards anymore.

Horses and humans are happy although it would be nice to have more off road hacking xx

Lydz13

Visit site
I love my yard too! I can do what I want, when I want, make as much mess as I want, sing as badly and as loudly as I feel like, do all the dodgy dance moves and have only my beasties to laugh at me! Ok I keep my lot at my own house in the middle of no where so I never have to bother about other people, liveries or yard owners!

Perfect :D

Hahahahaha the only thing is Darco objects to my singing and dancing..

Django Pony

Visit site
I love my yard! The facilities are great, but it's much more than that. The people really make it. Everyone is so supportive and helpful and there is no bitchiness (something I find to be quite rare in the horsey world!) :D

Miss-rose

Visit site
I love my yard too, there is only me and the ppl that own it and it's great we've got a hugh outdoor arena and all year turnout. Ive been there 7 yrs now and I've bought my last 2 horses off them (it's a stud) so I knew them both since the day they were born, I class myself as a very lucky person :)

Ali27

Visit site
Rachntabby - we are near Burton Upon Trent so miles away from you!
Sorry but meant water containers rather than food containers - stupid iPad!

Chellebean

chellebeanequestrian.com
I love my yard too! but need to return... have a rather nice stable waiting for me and my new boy when he comes over next week :D
She is however on here and I big her up as often as I can hehe :D Love ya Brownmare :D:D

HollyB66

Visit site
Yep, love my yard too. The school is great, although hacking is more my thing. Hacking is great, choice of woods or orchards, Trot route within hacking distance (if you like hacking).

But what really makes it great are the YO and the liveries :)