How much do you pay/charge?

SnowPhony

Visit site
How much do you pay to have someone come to your yard and school your horse/ hack it out, keep it fit? How much do you pay to send a horse to someone's yard for breaking schooling etc? What do you charge if you offer these services?

Just curious!

navaho

Visit site
I dont pay anyone to do mine, but i put an ad up offering someone, who perhaps had had to give up horses for various reasons, to come & ride mine out as they needed the exercise. It depends what you are offering i guess, i just really wanted someone to hack mine out, so schooling wasnt essential, but as it happens one of the ladies is quite into dressage so will probably do a fair amount of schooling with mine.
As for sending it to someone for breaking, ive just had one of mine back from being broken & paid £70 a week, she was there for 6 weeks.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I used to pay £12/hr for a qualified, good rider, with insurance, that I trusted to manage my horses to come and ride my horses when I was away at work.

I've advertised for sharers/helpers etc, but they were never as reliable/experienced etc with the horses, especially as they got fitter and more on their toes, so felt much happier with the girl we paid. Unfortunately she stopped doing freelance and got a full time job, so we are now stuck and I can't get the horses fit enough to event on my own!

Last edited: