How much do you pay for large round hay?

atropa

Visit site
Ahh reading about other Central Scotland users makes me feel a little bit better. Have to agree on the variable quality..some bales are lovely and others very dusty :( I've always paid roughly £38-£45 though, don't think it's specifically coz of the awful summer last year.

booandellie

Visit site
I'm in durham area and pay £30 a bale very good quality, he charges £2 delivery as he is close by. You can buy big bales for £20 from other suppliers but the quality is poor and i would rather pay a bit more for the good stuff

dibbin

Visit site
£35 all year round for good quality, well filled bales of about 5ft across. That includes delivery (and we normally only order 1 at a time).

We're in Ayrshire.

VikkiL

Visit site
After reading these I shall never moan at the cost of my hay again!
I pay 20 for the tightly packed round bales or 25 for the big rectangular bales. I'm in the Midlands.

Moomin1

Visit site
Oh my goodness, how do some of you not go bankrupt lol?! North West - £18 per large square hay, £20 per large square haylege. My mare goes through 2 per month on average.

Janovich

Visit site
Lancashire - I pick my own up as and when needed,..pay £30 for a hesston round bale of meadow hay, good quality bale with not too much power in them (as i've an EMS horse and his hay is always soaked). I'm more than happy with the price as i always know i can get a bale from him, so no need to worry on that score.

I'm fortunate enough to have a dedicated pony trailer that is soley used to house my hay and that just about fits the bale in!,...so i go on a little road trip and pick it up as and when i need it... it's a nice trip out actually and a natter with the farmer too. :)