How much do you pay for poo-picking service?

Copperpot

Visit site
I have a lady that comes 4 or 5 days a week. She feeds them and hays them for me and then the rest of the time poo picks. I pay her £10 an hour. She does 5 hours a week usually.

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Thanks for those thoughts. Hmm lots to think about, can't stand the field getting filthy during the week so would probably be maintenance. It is on a bit of a hill but we don't notice it as we're so used to it. I'd have to find someone quite local I think as it wouldn't be worth driving all the way out here for not a lot of money.

Would just be nice to spend more time riding than poo-picking! Thanks again :)

Highlands

Visit site
We had newly sown fields which are flat... The darlings went everywhere ( we have 5 ) and this winter it go out of hand. Farmer with commercial poo Hoover not a equine one came an it was £70 , brillant it took him a few hours but fields rested and weirdly ponies back on old field and only poo in corners so easy to do.

Mitchyden

Visit site
I don't pay anyone, I do it myself!!!!!!!

This normally, but from November to end of February I pay someone as I can't do it in daylight. With 3 horses to poo pick for and them being out for 14 hours a day, I can't stand leaving it until the weekend as that's my riding time! The lady who does it for me travels 7 miles to the yard but does someone else's as well. We both pay her £15 per hour for our fields. If she was already on the yard I would probably pay her a bit less. To be honest, it's worth it as I hate doing it in the winter!

ihatework

Visit site
I'll watch this with interest as I hope to find my self a keen local teenager to do 3 acres / 2 horses in a once a week hit for me. Not sure of the going rate?!

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
This normally, but from November to end of February I pay someone as I can't do it in daylight. With 3 horses to poo pick for and them being out for 14 hours a day, I can't stand leaving it until the weekend as that's my riding time! The lady who does it for me travels 7 miles to the yard but does someone else's as well. We both pay her £15 per hour for our fields. If she was already on the yard I would probably pay her a bit less. To be honest, it's worth it as I hate doing it in the winter!

This is me! I have 4 with my sister, and they live out 24/7 so lot of poo out there.