How much do you pay for your equine dentist?

_GG_

Visit site
£40 in Wiltshire, Curtis Thompson and can't speak highly enough of him. If he comes and your horse doesn't need anything doing yet, he doesn't even charge you anything, just books you in when he thinks it will be due. This is a flat fee as well, regardless of what needs doing or how long it takes.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
£45 in Leicestershire, but the prices are going up :( Very pleased with how thoroughly the horses teeth are rasped though.

be positive

Visit site
£40 in Wiltshire, Curtis Thompson and can't speak highly enough of him. If he comes and your horse doesn't need anything doing yet, he doesn't even charge you anything, just books you in when he thinks it will be due. This is a flat fee as well, regardless of what needs doing or how long it takes.

Snap:D he comes to Somerset too:)

_GG_

Visit site
Snap:D he comes to Somerset too:)

He lives in Rowde, near Devizes. It amazes me how far he travels without any increase in price. I just love that the horses have a proper dental record. Comparing the record after each visit is really interesting to see how they change inside the mouth as they get older.:)

spacefaer

Visit site
£30 in Shropshire.

Interestingly I've just had him out to check the teeth of a horse who has been done religiously by several different vets for the last 5-6 years (previous rider) as I felt he wasn't very enthusiastic eating his hard feed

Turns out the last 3 molars on both sides hadn't been touched for years and he had ulcers on his cheeks and tongue. The rest of his teeth (obviously the vet could reach these) were fine

I'll stick with my dentist!

Minxie

Visit site
I paid £70 for one pony as I'd to pay travelling costs for the dentist. As I'm having three done this time I think its £48 per pony - I'm Central Scotland.

Ambers mum

Visit site
I found a qualified bloke that all the locals use and he charges £25 for the basics more for anything else.

I was paying my vet to do it (very good, trained in ED) but the surgery put the call out up from £20 to £40 so my £35 went up to £55 and she suddenly started wanted to sedate my mares and as the one has mild narcolepsy which only appears when she is sleeping I wasn't prepared to let her do that, especially as both girls never bat an eyelid.

Janah

Visit site
My boy had dental issues so was pleased to find a vet that was a qualified dentist, saved me loads.

buddylove

Visit site
She has just been today! £40 for a routine float. Has requested a mild sedation for next time as he towed us both round the stable for an hour ;-)