how much do you pay to have your dogs claws clipped?

GinaB

Visit site
It's included in the price of the groom normally for my dog
smile.gif

CAYLA

Visit site
Nowt, cos I do them myself
grin.gif
, now I come to think about it, I never need to clip my own
confused.gif
grin.gif
but I think maybe £6.

Saying that, I was grooming today and squeezed 2 dogs in for bath, anal glands and nails clipped, I charged £12 per dog, they where small to medium size with short coats, bargain
grin.gif
grin.gif

hoggedmane

Visit site
I don't have a dog but my friend gets me to do her dog for her as I am very quick at it (so she says). She bought clippers on the internet. Another friend pays the vet £17!!!!!

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I only have his Dew Claws to do, and they are easy and white, so I do them myself!
grin.gif

However I have worked as a dog groomer, so would always do them myself! No idea what we charged for just nails, we would always check them if they came in for a groom and do them if needs be, the cost of the groom wouldn't change.

sevenoceans

Visit site
I even walk him on paves but his claws still grows too long...

cost me nothing to clip as i do them....

Down side... how to stop bleeding???

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I charge a fiver for walk in nails only. If I have a dog in being groomed, I don't charge extra for nails, its part of the full package (however, if I'm grooming a dog and he doesn't require the nails to be trimmed, I don't take a fiver off, either!).

To stop bleeding - you need either a styptic pencil or powder. You could perhaps try cornstarch (corn flour) in a pinch at home. Haven't used that myself, but heard somewhere that you could use it.

k9h

Visit site
Do mine myself! Just the cost of the clippers about £5!

They get plenty of road work every day but it is just the design of their feet that they do not have perfect feet so I have to step in every couple of weeks to cut them back.

On the stop bleeding front just practice so as to know where the quick is & not to cut that far back & as PucciNPony said styptic pencil (baught in most supermarkets in the shaving department!) or cornstarch powder to dab onto the bleed to stop it.

moodiestmare

Visit site
Fab thanks everyone!

The problem is there is no concrete or anywhere around me to keep them short. Walks are always on grass because thats all there is!

I have never clipped a dogs claws before so I thought if I get it done the first time by a professional I could see how they do it and then do it myself next time.