How much do you spend on feed per month?

ihatework

Visit site
Where did I say that????, my post above explains it clearly

Sorry missed your first post. I responded to your second where it wasn't clear at all.
Not sure why you posted the second one, as it's actually quite a cheap figure for 8 horses including bedding.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
quite, I'm not sure who is all the girls paying next to nothing per month as they seem on a par/more than what HGA pays per horse..?!

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I've only ever had good doer cobs before, but after selling my last on as not going to grow enough, I'm looking to by a sportier type, that may well need more regular feeding!

So after only ever feeding limited amounts of chaff previously, how much can I expect to spend on a horse that will likely need 2 feeds a day to keep condition on?

How much (ish!) do you guys spend on feed?!

I've got two dressage dutch Warmbloods in medium work. Limited grass in winter, fairly good grass summer, stabled at night with as much hay as can eat.

I use sack Coolstance copra, sack Charnwood micronised linseed, 4 sacks Emerald green grass pellets a month for 2.

Cost £68 a month for 2. £34 per horse. But I buy grass nuts in bulk to save about 30%

Best way to lower costs is ensure access to sufficient grass and as much hay as can eat, and top up with bucket feed.

Hay / Haylage / grass will always cost less per kg/ calories than bucket feed.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Sorry missed your first post. I responded to your second where it wasn't clear at all.
Not sure why you posted the second one, as it's actually quite a cheap figure for 8 horses including bedding.

I posted it as it is a lot of pennies out of my income for the yard, and wish my yard feed bill was lower

Gift Horse

Visit site
I have my sisters and my own horse here - 16hh IDxTB and a WBxTB they graze overnight and have ad-lib hay.
A round bale takes them a fortnight to munch. So £7.50 a week per horse. They are in light work, ridden 5 times a week - mixture of hacking, schooling and jumping. Both have plenty of energy.