How much do you think this horse is worth?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
He doesn't look very established in his paces for an 8 year old and with no info on his competition, or lack of, record, or if he hacks/jumps etc it is an impossible question.

Can you get much more info on him ?

SpottedCat

Visit site
Is he yours or are you planning to look at him? Because a quick google of that phone number not only reveals his HQ advert, but also the price he was previously at in H&H. I assume the results in the HQ ad were gained with a different rider?

New User
Visit site
Ive only managed to find out bit! Scores on BD vary from 56%ish to 70%ish but has only competed at Novice level. As far as I know has only ever done dressage.

Spotted cat - hes not mine but was interested, I know what he is advertised at and what he has previously been advertised at but wondered what people thought his "real" value was.

kirstykate

Visit site
Is he yours or are you planning to look at him? Because a quick google of that phone number not only reveals his HQ advert, but also the price he was previously at in H&H. I assume the results in the HQ ad were gained with a different rider?

I would say, not worth that amount on that video.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Put it this way - I wouldn't be interested at the H&H price, but at the HQ price if he was trainable and went nicely for me, plus did good things for a better rider than me, I'd be more inclined to start being interested! By which I mean I'd take someone who can ride at a decent dressage level with me and have a good play with what he can really do - if he's easy and rideable then that vid just doesn't show him in a great light, which is not really a reflection of his true value.

kaya

Visit site
As in your other post, difficult to say really.

And would love to see how it goes with a different jockey.

i agree with amymay, would love to see it ridden by a different jockey,the rider is playing around a bit to much having to kick, i think its a bit green for an 8 year old, head is very much up and down, would need a bit more schooling , but is a very nice young horse, be nice to know if it jumps etc :)

KatB

Visit site
Hmm, who thought it was a good idea to put her on board?!! :eek: As said, would love to see him being ridden by someone with still hands... and would depend on comp record etc to price....

vienna

Visit site
Yes having said that it is worth between 6.5 and 8 k it is only on reflection of the video.
Looks like the horse works above the riders ability and he just is not being shown off at his best ability which is not the best idea for a horse with a price tag of 10 k plus.
However it shows the horse has a good temperament to put up with such unstill hands and a sitting trot which more resembles a rising trot.
I liked this horse very much but it is true that people with experience could pick up a horse with same ability for 4-5k.
As we all know a horse is only worth how much some one wants to pay for it.
The question to the buyer is. How much is the horse worth to you?
If it is over priced then simply move on and look else where.

Booboos

Visit site
Nice paces, good breading and a black/dark bay horse is always impressive.

On the down side he is very unsteady in the contact, the rider is doing him no favours and he looks quite fat and unfit. If he's 8 I would expect him to be competing Medium with changes on the way for top money.

amandaco2

Visit site
nice temperment.
nice looking horse with nice paces

i would be interested enough to see him with my own trainer on board......
id definately not use that video to advertise him though.............price wise i woudnt tell from that video

ihatework

Visit site
What an interesting horse.

He is good looking and has reasonable paces.

His HQ advert is very eye catching and based on the advert I would probably call.

The video is very revealing, and by the age of 8 the horse should really be established in his basic contact/frame etc, which he is clearly not with that rider on board.

Without seeing the horse in the flesh he is a difficult one to price for me. Given he appears very accomodating to that rider I would hope that was an indicator to a good temprement. If he hacks and is sound and easy to do then he will always have a strong base value as an amatuers horse. His market value as an amatuer dressage horse for me would hinge around how he went with a different rider on and how much re-training was required, realistically I think 6-8K. I couldn't see anyone purchasing him as an upper end dressage horse.

PooJay

Visit site
as others have said, think he looks like he'd go quite nice with someone who was able to hold a consistent contact and not seesaw his head down and hold it there with her hands in her crotch.

I think you'd see more expression of pace with a lifted hand, he's well muscled so he's obviously done some correct work, he wouldn't muscle up like that ridden the way shown in the vid :)

squiz22

Visit site
Don't mean to sound b*tchy but its true it would be very interesting to see this horse ridden by someone else. He contact is very loose and inconsistent which seems to be affecting him.. and it all looks a bit wobbly and untidy but this could be the jockey. I also think this may be why the paces look a bit stuffy and not ex expressive as perhaps they should.

Difficult because could be a different horse under someone else,

amage

Visit site
Rich amateurs dream. By that video he is forgiving, looks pretty, moves pretty but will let a jockey away with murder. Hard to price....would have to see him with someone better on board

squiz22

Visit site
Having read all these replies I reckon he's probably a lovely horse!! If he is that forgiving under such a bad jockey then he's probably a very kind person and very special in the right hands! Bless him - I've really warmed to him.. !

Goldenstar

Visit site
I did not like him I thought the hind legs don't naturally want to stay under him he looks down and weak in the back for his age and the whole thing looks inconsistent .
Not want I expect from my six year TB let alone an eight year if I tried him loved his character there was a creditable reason for the greeness and the price was right I would consider.
Aggree totally about the video clip it's doing him no favours.
One you need to see I think

L.G.S.

Visit site
Ignoring the rider and looking at the horse it paces are OK nothing special. For something that price of that level aimed at dressage specifically I would like to see more natural lift through the shoulder. Saying that its paces are 'correct' and can be improved through work. It purely depends what you want the end result to be.

Regarding its competition level for it age is quite low. Looking at its comp record the scores vary and the good scores are average. Looking at the way it worked in the video it wasn't ridden into a correct contact. It varied between above the bit and behind the bit so this will be the reason for the varying and average scores. As the competition record only shows this one rider I would say that will be your main schooling issue.

However, its a nice horse and looks like it has a good attitude towards work. Once it is ridden correctly it could be a lovely horse and the colour is striking. Personally based on what I have said I wouldn't pay more than £5000 for it. It purely depends what you want the horse for. With a bigger budget than I have suggested would it be worth looking at a horse with a higher competition level? Or a younger horse with more natural talent? There are so many lovely horses and it really is a buyers market at the moment.