How much does a farrier visit cost you?

DiablosGold

Visit site
In Essex it was £45 for just fronts, trim behind.

In Surrey it was £40 for the same.

Now I'm going to start riding him to the forge, meaning it will be £30 for the same.

Visit site
£55 for a full set, £10 for a trim
smile.gif

vallin

Visit site
At home (cambridge) £60 for full, £40 for half and £20 for trim, usually free to refit a lost shoe.
At Uni (Stoke-on-trent) £65 for full, £45 for half and I'm not sure on trim...oh and £10 for refitting a lost shoe as I found out yesterday-stupid mud!

dressager

Visit site
65 for full standard set and never had one ever come off, even in this winter's bog.

Used to pay 85 when in Surrey and they were horrendous... he was always losing a shoe! And he charged that much for re-fits too!!! Shows price doesn't always reflect quality...

millitiger

Visit site
£52 for refit.

£57 for new shoes and road nails.

£60 for new shoes with 2 x stud holes per shoe.

£30 for front shoes and back trim.

£17 for trim.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
It is £60 for a full set of standard shoes here in south glos.
However my girl only gets shod at the front and is in open toe heartbars, they were £45, a trim on the backs in another £10

amandaco2

Visit site
its £25 for trims
£60 for fronts only-one with a fish tail on a heel.
£85 for full set, including one heel altered to a fish tail to support horseys collapsed heel.
or £100 for specially made fronts, normal hinds
studs are £2 per hole and the 6year old needed 2 in each shoe when competing on grass

they get done every 5-6 weeks.

farrier is very good-arrives on time, good with the horses and work is very very good.
he shoes the olympic team horses.

luckily i dont put them on until my 6 year old is competing on grass (flat feet=slipping horse!) so thats only about 3 months of the year. rest of the time its naked footed all round.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
£79 -£117 for natural balance all round - wedges behind and one extension. More exepensive when have new wedges. Not sure why two bits of plastic are so expensive. However my farried is very reliable and very experienced and has shod my horse for 5 years so I would not want to start again with someone who does not know his history.