How much for my Equitrek Space-Treka 'L'

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Assuming the pregnancy goes to plan, when we get back from Cornwall at the end of September (I will be 10 weeks by then), we are going to sell our Sorento and Equitrek, as we need to think practically. We are going to get a horse lorry and a family-type hatchback and just keep my little 107. It will all be much more practical for a baby.

The Equitrek is just about 2 years old. The Sorento is exactly the same age. We think the Sorento is probably worth about 13k (it still has warranty, but they lose value quickly); but we can't find anywhere that suggests how much our Equitrek might be worth. It was nearly 7k brand new (with the VAT), so considering trailers don't tend to lose a great deal of value... how much?

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Yes, it's in excellent condition - it's not been used as often as most would be.

Thanks for your post.
smile.gif

katylee

Visit site
i think you could ask a bit more for it. depends what extras you have on it. and second hand ones dont come up for sale very often.

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Thanks all.

I have just looked on horsequest and, as I suspected, I think we can probably get about 4500 for it. A trade seller is advertising one that is 1 year old for 5k, so want to price it a bit more keenly.

Thanks all.
smile.gif

K27

Visit site
Brand new ones cost £5930 inc Vat at the moment, so you would probably get approx £4500 - £5k.

I'm considering getting an Equitrek and selling my lorry- how do horses travel in the Equitrek? have you been pleased with the quality of it?- sorry for the questions!

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Thanks K27. They've come down then, which is a bummer as ours was nearly 7k including VAT!

Some people say the build quality of the ET is a bit poor, but mine has honestly been no trouble at all; and I think it is luck of the draw as with any trailer. The reason you hear more about the poor quality of ET over other makes, is that the ET customer service is shoddy.

The most worn part of mine is the rubber on the ramp and that is because I have 2 big horses, one of whom is a difficult loader. The trailer hasn't been used a lot because of things we have going on at home etc; but we have used it for holidays, fun rides etc.

It twos beautifully, but you will need a good 4x4 as it is a heavy trailer. It is built for 2x18hh. The horses travel backwards, which seems to suit a lot of horses better, certainly mine like it. There is lots of space inside (even with my 17.3hh!) and it is light and airy.

I really do rate the Equitrek, and would keep it if it wasn't for our circumstances at the moment. Who knows, we may end up keeping it - nothing is guaranteed yet as I am only 4 weeks pregnant.

Ali2

Visit site
I'd've thought you'd get quite a bit more than 4.5 K but that is very interesting to me as we are thinking of trading up from a single IW to an Equitrek in the near future
smile.gif

Best of luck with your pregnancy
smile.gif

K27

Visit site
Thanks very much for the info- v interesting-I'm hearing mixed reports about them, but its good to know that you've enjoyed owning yours and that you also have large horses that travel well in them!

good luck with everything! thanks again.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
i think you'd be lucky to give it away.

so, as a favour, because i am also pregnant and sympathise with your forthcoming sickness... i'll take it off your hands... no, really, i will, i really am that generous.

no need to thank me, just consider it a massive favour, for which you will owe me forever....

laugh.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
My sister is selling her 4 year old Sports Treka for £4,950. She's got someone coming to see it tomorrow and has had a few calls.

She is only selling hers as she bought a lorry as they are staying away a lot.

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
I emailed someone advertising on horsemart the day treka which I think is pre space treka. It is 5 or 7 years old, can't remember which and she is asking £5K for it!! Mind it hasn't sold and when she sent me the extra photos I know why!
I am sort of looking for a show treka but been a bit put off by some of the things I've read recently. It is a hell of a lot of money for a new one if they won't help if it goes wrong!

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Well, at the moment I am just starting to think about marketing my ET.

We are looking at how to price it etc.

I don't remember what extras - I think we had the extender bit for the partition so that it separates the horse's heads. We didn't bother with the tack box in the tack area because it was a heap of crap and my husband, a carpenter, could have made better with his eyes shut.