How much for this point to pointer?

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Hi,

A friend of mine in Ireland has been approached by someone in the UK wanting to buy a point to point horse that she owns and they have asked what she would like for the horse. Not strictly comp riders, but I know that a few people here go p2ping. They want the horse as a schoolmaster, he is a 12 yr old by Zaffaran ( I won't put his full breeding as don't want to be told off for advertising). He was 2nd in 2 bumpers, placed in a few beginners chases, then won 2 novice chases. He has just started p2ping and has been placed once in 2 runs. He is about 17hh (maybe slightly over) and is an easy ride.

Any advice about his value would be great

Thanks!

:)

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Horses like that are advertised on Jumping for fun for anything from £1200 up to £5000, unfortunately at 12 there isn't much prgression left. He is worth more as a schoolmaster than as a potential world beater.
Personally without seeing him I would be wanting to pay less than £2000 for him.
Hope that helps :)

seabsicuit2

Visit site
A very old horse when you can find and get exactly the same at 7 or 8 years old & there are too many of them about.
I would say £2k max

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. She isn't expecting to get alot for him, but being a schoolmaster would suit him down to the ground as he is a very straightforward ride and it sounds like a nice home for him, which is probably more important than the price at his age. At least she has a starting point with prices now :)

amage

Visit site
She should bite their hands off....I recognise the horse and he will make more in the UK than he ever will in Ireland. there is no reason why going through the right agent/negotiating the deal properly she shouldn't get around £2500ish....have seen some very bad horses make over 1k with only youth on their side. He is a class jumper and would definitely give a true amateur or novice great fun!