How much is hunting?

palomino_pony

Visit site
Yes give the sec a ring. Albrighton is about £50 but it depends who you go with, week day or saturday, and venue. PC was cheaper and we used to do gates and go free.

madgirl

Visit site
VWH- 15 year olds -£15
16-18 -£20
and I think
Week days for adults -£80
Saturdays-£110
rediculously high

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
hold on... is this PER day?????

Youve got to be kidding? £30 to spend a few hours hunting?

(my god, you can tell im a newbie, supposed to be going this season but i wont be at that cost!)

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com

(my god, you can tell im a newbie, supposed to be going this season but i wont be at that cost!)

The Fitzwilliam charge £55 for a visitor's cap for a full day during main season - this will start at 11am and they rarely pack up until dark so could be 7hrs in the saddle. We also have reductions for those who are under 25. It works out cheaper to buy the subscription if you intend to hunt every day of the season or the bulk of them, plus autumn hunting mornings will be free once you are a full member.

Remember that hounds and hunt horses need to be fed, the hound lorry needs diesel, the staff need paying, vets' bills need paying, uniforms need buying etc etc etc. Subscriptions and caps, go someway to making up the shortfall, but I can assure you that it is not about profiteering.

Springs

Visit site

It's great and worth every penny, the rides can be great, covering land that only a tractor would only be able go to. Year 4 for me, and I now subscribe. A convert from the ban!!

kit279

Visit site
I think some of the big hunts charge a bit much - I go with the Cambridge Drag Hounds. They charge £30 a day but £15 for Pony Club and students.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I used to hunt with the Cottesmore in Leics and for a "high Tuesday" I think it was around £150 per day for a visitor.

Have to say for value for money and sheer great fun Cambridge Uni Draghounds were the best - have you been to Great Giddings for that day JH58. Bl**dy amazing day!!!

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
I think some of the big hunts charge a bit much - I go with the Cambridge Drag Hounds. They charge £30 a day but £15 for Pony Club and students.

The CUDH do have the advantage of having a small enough pack to kennel with the beagles, which cuts their outgoings, nor do they run a flesh round and they only employ one professional (jointly with the beagles)

I hope you enjoy the jumps around Gidding Grove, I helped build those!

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Loved the hedges - such fun. Stephen Hill, who used to be my farrier, was fieldmastering and my OH came out on a pointer and we flew all afternoon. Seriously good fun!!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site

The Fitzwilliam charge £55 for a visitor's cap for a full day during main season - this will start at 11am and they rarely pack up until dark so could be 7hrs in the saddle. We also have reductions for those who are under 25. It works out cheaper to buy the subscription if you intend to hunt every day of the season or the bulk of them, plus autumn hunting mornings will be free once you are a full member.

Remember that hounds and hunt horses need to be fed, the hound lorry needs diesel, the staff need paying, vets' bills need paying, uniforms need buying etc etc etc. Subscriptions and caps, go someway to making up the shortfall, but I can assure you that it is not about profiteering.

I never mentioned anything about profiteering :confused:
I was merely suprised at the amount some hunts charge.

Kenzo

Visit site
Our local hunt has gone up to £65.00 but if you subscribe then it works out cheaper, but then again you need to make full use of it, they do offer a Saturday only (half sub) which is useful for us lot that have to work in the week :grin:

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Is it reasonable to ask a hunt to offer a student/young person's discount? I'm a 19 year old student who can't justify paying £60 a go for my local hunt, that's more than I earn in a day! I'm worried that the mere act of asking might be terribly rude, I assure you I do fully appreciate the cost and work that goes into running a hunt.

winterhorse

Visit site
Yes it's ok to ask, most hunts have offers, for young people, groups e.t.c. For example i'm with a military pack, so 1 of the discounts we offer is to military personnel.
Good luck :grin:

tikino

Visit site
lanarkshire and renfrewshire hound is £30 per cap for a visitor for the days hunting and its a great day out. so annoyed that me horse is still off work and going to miss this season as planed to have a good seasons hunting

SpruceRI

Visit site
I'm staying in Dulverton/Exmoor mid May next year.

Will hunting still be on and are there any hunts that do midweek visitors caps for less than £100?

Thanks

SpruceRI

Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not under 25 :smirk: - just a visitor! Anyone know prices for the Devon/Somerset hunt visitors cap for Mid-May, or will hunting have finished by then?

Thanks

Beagle

Visit site
The Tetcott cap for adults is the same as for its neighbour the Stevenstone @ £20 for visitors & £5 for subscribers.

For juniors, it is £5 for visitors & £3 for subscribers.

Weezy

Visit site
Oh how I wish my hunting was so reasonable - you guys are SO lucky!

OBH 2008/9 season...

Monday/Wednesday Saturday
Non Members £80 £120
OBH Members £60 £80
Farmers & Wives (any day) £20

Subs are....

One Person Two Members of the same family living in the same house
One day/week £1070
£1625
Two or more days a week £1350
£1995