how much is she worth?

_daisy_

Visit site
im really sorry to ask but im wondering how much this horse is worth:

17.2hh, bright bay, 4yo WB mare. 3 nice paces. professionally schooled. nicely hacking, quick to learn. very responsive. easy to do in all aspects. Good to clip, shoe etc.
grandsire on sires side is Chenook, dams side has Ramiro lines.

thanks

Parkranger

Visit site
i'm not sure about £5k without any proven ability (even with good blood lines....)

possibly wrong though but I was thinking more £3000 tops although what do I know!

Sparklet

Visit site
If she has papers I would think she will fetch about £4,000 to £5,000. She has recognised breeding and is a pretty large horse - they do tend to fetch a bit more.

vic07

Visit site
if has good conformation, nice looking and looks talented i'd say 6000-7000. She is big and you generally have to pay for that. I would also pay a higher price for a compleltely unspoilt horse!

EllieBeast

Visit site
shocked.gif
are you selling Chantin?
shocked.gif

im rubbish with pricings though. will leave that to the experts.
Sarah xXx

Sarah1

Visit site
I would say about £3k - I think for me if she was a hand smaller she'd be worth more, just my own preference and I'm by no means an expert on pricing!

_daisy_

Visit site
god EB - you dont miss a trick. Im seriously thinking of selling. Im dont doing her justice and i feel that im not going to able to give her the time she needs now ive got 6 horses. Shes one of two that im looking at selling. I will seriously miss her but if she has a better life doing a proper job than with me who is only hacking her at this present time then shes better off at a new home.

_daisy_

Visit site
vic07, thats what ive been told. Someone i know has mentioned for me to put her up for between £8-10k., however when i look through the magazines for something her age/bloodlines/experience theyre advertised for £12.5-15k.
I dont want to over price her and not get any interest but neither do i want to sell her for a piddly amount of money - shes worth keeping rather than selling her for a couple of grand

_daisy_

Visit site

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Very nice just my sort! Personally I won't pay for 'breeding' don't wish to offend but unproven wouldn't be worth double figures in my book.
She is stunning, can you not get her out to a few comps and get a bit of experience under her belt?

_daisy_

Visit site
thanks, i think shes stunning too. A lot of people do pay for breeding because of the track records on such horses, but obviously some dont. I personally would pay for breeding, thats why i bought her.
Im hoping to get her to a few competitions, probably dressage as most shows are over now.
She has been out competing at local and county level since she was a foal. She has always been placed in the top 3 in all her classes. She has always been well behaved at the shows and a dream to handle, even at the largest of shows. Obviously i do need to start competing her under saddle now.
She went to her first dressage test and got an outstanding 63.5% even after jumping out of the arena. Im hoping i can get her to a few more before the winter. Then i might take her out hunting ot see how she fares at that.

EllieBeast

Visit site
ooh, sorry (big mouth!)! i really hope that whatever you decide for her goes exactly to plan. she looks and sounds like a fantastic horse, and only you know what is best for her future. good luck!
Sarah xXx

_daisy_

Visit site
dont be silly was only joking.
grin.gif
I did wonder if anyone would guess it was about Chantin, 2 of you guessed right.
grin.gif

I think ive decided that she should go. Its best for her that she does. Ill probably never get her to the level she can compete at becuase of the time factor.
I hope i find someone who comes along and loves her just like i do.
Cheers Sarah
Sarah

EllieBeast

Visit site
im sure you will, she really is a cracking horse. it must be difficult when you have multiple horses to get the balance right. (only having one elephant x pit pony seems like no effort compared to yours!) but you have given her the most fantastic start in life, she will go far!
Sarah xXx

_daisy_

Visit site
it has been hard coping with them all. I think its hit home how much hard work 4 was, then Willow came along and that made it 5 then my friend called me in a panick about her pony so ive acquired her too.
Ive got to get shut of 2 to make numbers more managable (and of course money!). So Krunchie is up for sale and the only other one i can justify selling is Chantin - for her sake.
There is no way i could sell Ebi, Willow or Sasha. They are like fixtures and fittings. Then theres Flighty. ATM shes just not right for any one to ride. She behaving quite badly so she needs lots of work before we could do anything with her. However shes my mums and i can ride her if i sell Chantin.
theres just one thing in the back of my mind and thats the what ifs. What if i sell her and she does well, ill be thinking what if id have kept her, what would we be doing together. Then i come back to the real world and think, if i saw a report about her id be glad thats shes doing something worth while and that someone is getting a good tune out of her and looking like theyre enjoying every minute with her.