How much is the average vet call out fee?

Porkie

Visit site
Can anyone tell me how much an average vet call out fee is?

Its a bit of a funny request because I am the loaner and the owner got the vet out to my horse on Friday due to sudden lameness - I want to pay for it and she doesn't want me to!
mad.gif

I want to take some money up and try and give it to her - but don't know how much the bill would be! (she won't tell me becuase she says she is paying!!)
tongue.gif

I full loan him ( he is her old boy, she has another horse too) but on a very relaxed agreement so we have no agreement on who pays what - but generally we end up arguing over who is going to pay becuase we both feel we should! (I know most people have the opposite problems between owner and loaner but hey, we like to be different!!)

Can anyone give me a rough guide. Vet came during normal hours, 4.30pm on Friday, and just did a check up and pinch test for an abcess. Didn't give any drugs she just poulticed foot. Didn't need to leave leave any other supplies as we already had stuff to re-poultice.

Thanks
smile.gif

Porkie

Visit site
Its about 25 miles but the vet was already just 5 minutes round the corner on another call so she popped in as we said it wasn't an emergency so could wait if necessary.

Racing_Gal

Visit site
My vets charge £22 to come out and they are less than a mile down the road!

I would guess the whole bill would of come to between £40 and £60

minesadouble

Visit site
£80.00 for me
frown.gif
. They are roughly a 35-40 min drive away).
I do know our more local horse vet charges £60.00 call out and they are approx 5mins away from our yard!!

Biscuit

Visit site
I think that if you include call out, check-up and bandaging it will be at least 70 but you could very easily be looking to pay 120+. Last time we had the vet the call out fee was 40 during normal office hours. They are not far away.

minesadouble

Visit site
You could ring the vets and find out what their call out fee is. examination fee is generally round about £20.
What a lovely situation to be in , both loaner and loanee insisting they should pay! If she wont take the money (would she maybe take half the bill?) I would either pop it through her door in a card with a nice message, buy her something you know she really wants or take he out for a nice meal.

D

Donkeymad

Callout £35 Call out and exam £45 - both inclusive of VAT. He's about 18 miles.

Perce

Visit site
only posting to say Wow! what a huge difference in call out fees. my vet is about a mile up the road and i have to pay the 'local' call out fee of £20 for a planned non emergency appointment. seems a lot for a mile but not so bad now i see all the above! also i have the wonderful reassurance of knowing they are just a mile up the road and have great facilitlies.