How much is this horse worth???

foxtrot

Visit site
I am planning on purchasing a horse but i think she's a little overpriced!! I'll tell you a bit about her and you let me know how much you think she would be valued at!

14.2hh, 15yrs Welsh cob x mare. Very quiet, easy to do in all ways. No vices. Experienced RC horse done dressage, jumping, le trec etc...always well behaved. Good to hack alone/company. Shown in-hand and under saddle always in top three on any outing. Experienced WHP and always qualifies.

foxtrot

Visit site
wow!! that low really!!

I dont think she's affiliated. I thought with her experience and a nice lttle show record also the fact she is the quietiest of horses she would be worth more.

GeorgieLee

Visit site
depends what level she is showing at really and what she is qualified for?? obviously her age makes a difference on the price, but I think she would be worth more than £1500

foxtrot

Visit site
Sorry i'm not really into shows, but am planning her to introduce me into the world of showing. So im not to sure about name's and qualifiers etc...

I think she has only been shown to local level but usually wins her class in-hand & under saddle. I think they said she qualified for WHP regionals??? & blair???

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The mare is a 14.2hh schoolmistress that places regularly at unaffiliated shows and at 15years old she probably has many years left in her. Safe, fun and wins rosettes, she sounds like the sort that will still sell in this climate. She is worth alot more than £1500 if she really is as described and has fantastic confo too.

What do they want for her?

Snowysadude

Visit site
I sold my 14.3 this time last year, 15 yrs old plus a heart murmur for £4k. I think for a genuine safe horse with no issues these estimates are way too low. I had so much interest in him and he sold within two days of being up for sale to the first people to veiw him. And he has found the perfect home. 1.5k for a genuine bomproof schoolmaster is silly even in this market!!

madeleine1

Visit site
i brought mine with all the same qualities but a little more excitable and 16hh but evented novice be and medium dressage as well but still 14 yeas and she was up for 6k so id say 4k maybe for what you are looking at but could be very variable as each horse is completly differant

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have a friend who paid £6000 for a slightly younger, smaller, gelding version about a year ago. They haven't regretted paying that much as he is wonderful and they have plenty of people interested in him for when he's outgrown.

ihatework

Visit site
They are looking for £4000 for her (no tack), reasonable?????

I'd say that is on the upper end of the bracket, but if she does what she says on the tin then not necessarily excessive. I had 3-3.5K in my head. Never under estimate the value of a safe allround schoolmaster.

NeverSayNever

Visit site
i sold my 14.3hh 15 year old in feb for 3k inc all tack and rugs... he has since taken his new mummy out from someone who didnt want to jump to winning 2ft6 jx, first time out and winning a 2ft6 XC and qualifying for finals... worth his weight in gold.

jack9

Visit site
3k. as long as its safe... at 15 i wouldnt pay over 3k.

i know theres plenty of years left but i prefer younger horses.

Bug2007

Visit site
£3k max because of her age, but at the end of the day, if she is perfect for you then she'll be worth more to you than someone else.....to me she isn't worth anything as i want to event and she is too small for me, but if she is your perfect horse then i'd say £3k sounds a good sort.
Once you have her and you are enjoying her she'll be priceless to you.

X

xspiralx

£2500-£3000 if she is as described, well mannered, well schooled and safe.

4k seems excessive to me considering her age, but if she is really good then £3500 might not be unreasonable.

Leg_end

Visit site
I would say £4K including tack would be reasonable. As others have said the market has really taken a dive but there are horses out there that are selling very quickly if they do what they say on the tin - yes the prices may be slightly reduced but for your schoolmaster typr I dont think the prices have dropped that much, its a different matter if you are talking about green youngsters and older horses still advertised with 'potential' ;)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I'd be looking to pay around £3025 for her.

She sounds like a really smashing sort. And if she ticks all those boxes then go for it.

ossy

Visit site
I would say £4K including tack would be reasonable. As others have said the market has really taken a dive but there are horses out there that are selling very quickly if they do what they say on the tin - yes the prices may be slightly reduced but for your schoolmaster typr I dont think the prices have dropped that much, its a different matter if you are talking about green youngsters and older horses still advertised with 'potential' ;)

Completely agree here, a safe bombproof school master/ Mistress is what everyone wants and with good compitition exprience/record then a little more. I would be tempted to try and negiotiate as tack is not included but at the end of the day a horse is only worth what you are willing to pay for it and if you feel this is overpriced then you have already answered your own question.

Visit site
I would say £2000 - £2500 because she is 15 but she sounds a good sort being a safe cob - the sort of horse which everybody wants because they are known for their soundness and safeness so I can see why she is priced at £4000 as people are willing to pay that sort of money for a good, safe, fun horse.