How much is too much?

Annagain

Visit site
My cob used to drink loads. It was related to the amount he ate (a lot!), but I think he just liked fresh water. Before I got him he only had rainwater, so fresh tap water was a big difference. His consumption did go down over the years. A friends horse drinks only drinks half a black bucket overnight with no ill effects, but that’s rainwater too so might be why.

That's a good point - his buckets are much cleaner than the trough in the field and he always lived out before so maybe he just likes it more!

Glitterandrainbows

Visit site
They love fresh water , if he’s lived out before and had rain water out of a bath or even a different way he’s probably really enjoying it in his stable

Annagain

Visit site
They love fresh water , if he’s lived out before and had rain water out of a bath or even a different way he’s probably really enjoying it in his stable

It's an auto-fill trough so fresh in that sense but it's not the cleanest (it's an old concrete one so pretty difficult to keep clean) so it wouldn't surprise me if he prefers his water while he's in.