How much more bad luck can Piggy have?

oldvic

Visit site
There are several replies that don't really a stack up when you look at the details. It is stated that William's way must be best - steady runs in one days and saving them for the big day but he had at least 3 top horses off the road last year all of which would have been in line for Olympic selection. I am also interested that it is Piggy's competitive competition regime that is blamed for her breaking so many. All the horses that have been quoted have been produced by others and Piggy has taken them on at intermediate or above with them either being bought or sent to her by their owners. She has had Tinkas Time less than a year and only had a handful of runs.
Andrew doesn't often get a lot of time faults. A quiet run for him is still quicker than most even with the 5 year olds. While the young ones are not pressured to win, they are asked to start as they mean to go on. This is totally opposing to William's way but his reputation for horses that last is second to none. Of course there are some injuries but they work hard and are fit which is the key.
With regard to Tinkas Time at Barbury, to the eye they didn't appear to be going that quick. Certainly, although they were on the same time, both Loughan Glen and Avebury looked quicker over the ground and Avebury took his customary very economical lines so didn't look in a hurry. Tinkas Time looked more like a ride to give a less experienced horse confidence. Maybe being held was an advantage.
It would seem that it is more to do with the preparation that Piggy needs to look into. It will take time as there is no point in changing things for the sake of it, just if it could be an issue. She has had the benefit of the world class funding for some time so maybe they need to give it more thought.

ihatework

Visit site
There are several replies that don't really a stack up when you look at the details. It is stated that William's way must be best - steady runs in one days and saving them for the big day but he had at least 3 top horses off the road last year all of which would have been in line for Olympic selection. I am also interested that it is Piggy's competitive competition regime that is blamed for her breaking so many. All the horses that have been quoted have been produced by others and Piggy has taken them on at intermediate or above with them either being bought or sent to her by their owners. She has had Tinkas Time less than a year and only had a handful of runs.
Andrew doesn't often get a lot of time faults. A quiet run for him is still quicker than most even with the 5 year olds. While the young ones are not pressured to win, they are asked to start as they mean to go on. This is totally opposing to William's way but his reputation for horses that last is second to none. Of course there are some injuries but they work hard and are fit which is the key.
With regard to Tinkas Time at Barbury, to the eye they didn't appear to be going that quick. Certainly, although they were on the same time, both Loughan Glen and Avebury looked quicker over the ground and Avebury took his customary very economical lines so didn't look in a hurry. Tinkas Time looked more like a ride to give a less experienced horse confidence. Maybe being held was an advantage.
It would seem that it is more to do with the preparation that Piggy needs to look into. It will take time as there is no point in changing things for the sake of it, just if it could be an issue. She has had the benefit of the world class funding for some time so maybe they need to give it more thought.

A good post.
I was also left scratching my head thinking 'well didn't WFP have multiple horses on the sick list last year'

I wouldn't have a clue if this latest set back for Piggy was down to management or just rotten luck and wouldn't wish to speculate. I'm sure she will be asking herself and her close team that very question, becuase I'm sure of one thing - she wouldn't have done this deliberately.

stroppymare153

Visit site
Perhaps he felt the horses weren't ready for championship competition and thought there was no point running them hard to try? Admittedly I have no idea which year this was or which horses, so could be chatting utter ****!

2007 - Tamarillo (though possibly broken after March), Parkmore Ed, Macchiato to name but a few - not exactly babies!. Remember being seriously shocked that he wasn't selected. King, Phillips, Berkeley, Townend still managed to bring home gold. Unless he had p****ed someone off, the only reason seemed to be that he hadn't hammered his horses that spring. MK and Cav got silver individually.