How much sand do I need?

Cam Eq

Visit site
I will soon be constructing a 20mx40m arena. How much sand do I need? I have tried some formulas online but they are varying between 80 to 120 tonnes. The sand will be going on a geo textile membrane and mixed with arena fibre. Thanks

TheMule

Visit site
I will soon be constructing a 20mx40m arena. How much sand do I need? I have tried some formulas online but they are varying between 80 to 120 tonnes. The sand will be going on a geo textile membrane and mixed with arena fibre. Thanks

I used 140 tonnes and then power harrowed fibre into the top. Worked well, I wouldn’t use less than that

Gift Horse

Visit site
Not sure it helps because our school is topped with 18 tonnes of rubber. We had 120 tonnes of sand that equates to a 4 inch deep sand layer.

TheMule

Visit site
I had 3 1/2 tonnes of fibre, power harrowed to a depth of 3 inches. The extra 20T of sand were a bit of a safety net for the power harrowing so no danger of hitting the base (I used rolled basalt grit instead of a top membran)

Hallo2012

Visit site
What weight of carpet fibre did you use? Thanks

oh gosh i have no idea, mine is the big black chunks from one of the now liquidated companies that had issues with metal contamination....mine was metal free luckily. But all facebook massages have been lost so cant recall weight.

I would go for X ride as a topper, its who i will use when i need more