How much should I expect to pay for a Welsh Sec D weaned filly foal?

SpruceRI

Visit site
OK - so might not make it to the Brightwells sale to have a look as car probably won't make the journey - so how much should I expect to pay for a Registered Welsh Sec D weaned filly foal?

Like old bloodlines, but don't intend to show apart from youngstock in hand classes for experience - hope she will grow up to make a nice RC horse.

Have emailed several studs and only one has replied, still can't seem to eek a price!

Am I looking at hundreds or thousands?

Thanks

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Ooooh hundreds rather than thousands I think Madhossy. Though if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a foal that has HOYS or Royal Welsh blood lines, could be top end of hundreds. Royal Welsh is early July - will the car make it to sunny Wales?????? Happy hunting!

jordenknight

Visit site
ive just bought a lovely welsh d cob from Balnecroft Stud in yorkshire. Google it and it comes up, have a few for sale i think
laugh.gif
bout £1500 and less....

SpruceRI

Visit site
Ooh, would love to go to the Royal Welsh for a nosey, but don't think my friends and I can make anytime in the summer!!!

Glad to hear I should get something in the hundreds as otherwise it will take me forever to save up!

Car will have to make the journey at least once to collect the little lass, unless I can acquire one nearer home - or borrow a tow car! But going for a look is half the fun!

XmisshorsestyleX

Visit site
Hiya,
To be honest the price is going to vary on bloodlines, and how much a stud would usually part with a foal for. I think you should be looking at between £500 - £1000 for a good quality bred foal. x

SpruceRI

Visit site
So, really, £750 - £1500 would be a good ball park figure? Would prefer to buy from a stud to be honest as then you get to look at the parents - well mum at least, plus time to consider all factors, whereas at auction it's all a bit rushed.

claireross

ccjack.co.uk
Blimey I did get a bargin. I paid 1,600pound for my registered sectionD as a 3yr old broken, turned away, but not schooled.
ooo.gif

Lill

Visit site
Same here! We paid i think £850 for Holly as a 3yo broken but not really schooled she's got Synod breeding lines too!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Paid £500 for Rosie 12 yrs ago at 2yrs old. Realise prices have hiked somewhat since then.

Particularly want a foal this time though, as love the handling and rearing of it just the way you want it.

Although sweet in all ways, Rosie was, for years, absolutely terrified of being lunged and I can only assume that stemmed from the way cobs are 'run up' - or as in this case, chased round on the lunge to show the paces. It's taken me about 8yrs to get her to lunge safely.

Also, she's 14yrs now, so by the time 'filly' is grown up, Rosie will be leading a quieter life in her early twenties.