How much should I offer for ifor williams trailer?

Gem Gill

Visit site
I'm looking at buying a ifor williams from a friend I know, not via horses via search and rescue. The trailer he has due to kids and pony club. It's a 505 mid 1990s. New wheels, good alloy floor, wooden sides which are a bit soft at bottom, brakes and lights fine, springs instead of gas struts.
I don't want to offend him but I want a good price, is there a guide anywhere. ...?.

Advice much appreciated thanks.

Equi

Visit site
I would say about 700/750 due to the wooden sides. A friend sold her one that's 2002 for 550 with wooden sides but it also had wooden floor. I just bought a 92 one for 1600 but it was fully refurbished and immaculate inside and had the material sides and new ramp material and stuff.

Nativelover

Visit site
I would say it would depend on the alloy floor, is it a genuine ifor floor?? I know some of the older trailers have had metal floors put in that are just chequered plate!! You are essentially just going to be paying for a trailer that needs work, so bear that in mind.
Also what type of partition does it have? If it's a newer one with a single central pole then that's ok but I'm unsure how easy it is to convert the old ones.
That said I'd be offering £6-700

Equi

Visit site
Also what type of partition does it have? If it's a newer one with a single central pole then that's ok but I'm unsure how easy it is to convert the old ones.

Quite easy. The old partition just has two scewed on plates on the floor and ceiling. To convert simply take these out and out one in the middle. The ceiling needs a stability strip on it, but it is very easy to do.

alsxx

Visit site
I bought my 1990's 505 (maybe late 90's iirc, it has the central pole partition) from a friend a couple of years ago now for £1500. She'd had a new ifor alu' floor professionally put in roughly 12 months prior to my purchasing it from her.