How much time do you spend at the yard each day ?

McCauley

Visit site
In the region of 2.5 hours a day after work. I'm never 'off', as work on a farm at weekends, horse comes with me for holidays too through the year, which is great so get some good quality time with him all through the day when that happens! Lovely to have him on the 'doorstep' so to speak when we are both at the farm.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Generally, an hour in the morning and 2-3 hours early evening. Probably longer when I get cornered by the social club ladies. Lovely bunch but they prefer talking to riding and I'm hopeless at making polite escapes.

Polos Mum

Visit site
24/7ish as I live there!! Difficult to add up a I go out for maybe one1 1/2 stretch a day but pop out for 2mins (rug change/ hay top up/ sun cream on etc) maybe 10 times a day!!

Antw23uk

Visit site
Couple of hours in the evening during the week and then as much time as possible at the weekends morning and afternoon.
Generally muck out, water, hay and prep feeds first and then bring him in for a groom and a ride and then a quick flick over with the brush before stabling and feeding.

At the weekends he gets groomed to within an inch of his life and he LOVES it :D

Sunshine

Visit site
On school days an hour every morning, sometimes two, and 2 hours after school although we will often go back again later, dependent on homework. At weekends we can spend most of each day there unless we are competing and school holidays will be similar.

soulfull

Visit site
When working hour morning and night

When I am off I practically live at the yard
It's a big competition yard so always someone around to catch up with or a show to watch/enter
Also I have RA so it takes me 10x longer than everyone else to do something :(

Nudibranch

Visit site
I have them at home so when I'm at work it varies from about half an hour to maybe two hours, depending on whether I have time to ride after work. On days off, probably 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Tayto

Visit site
I spend around 4 hours in the evening during the week and if I can get away with it, I will be there all day on a Saturday and Sunday. I go up at around 10am and can easily potter around until 10pm! I can only do this when my partner is working away though. When he is home, I spend 4-6 hours there on a weekend.

During the week, I groom, excercise (mixture of hacking, lunging or schooling), feed and have a catch up with the girls.

At weekends I give all my stuff a tidy that I have thrown into my tack cupboard while in a hurry during the week. Do yard chores like poo picking and go for a longish hack with my horse or take her for a lesson. Of course, there is some catching up with the girls in there too ;)

Last edited:

tabithakat64

Visit site
If not riding 30 minutes if OH is with me as we groom and turn out together the he does hay, water and sweeps whilst I muck out. 45 minutes if he's not there and 30 just to do the jobs and not groom.

If I ride that takes just less than an hour to do 30/45 mins or riding and 25 minutes to lunge for 20 mins, then jobs are on top.

Mine are currently only worked once or twice a week as my commute can take up to three hours.

I'm lucky that they are caught in or turned out for me in the mornings and we don't have to poo pick. :D