How much to bring in at livery?

pegasus1986

Visit site
I'm on a yard with friends and during the winter all our horses are in at night mine are in a separate field to my friend. I want to ask my friend if on the days I work she will bring mine in but I want to give her some money for doing it (pay her for doing it) my question is how much to give her? How much do livery yards charge for that service if they provide it? Thank you

Shooting Star

Visit site
£2 a time at our yard but that is very cheap, most locally I think are £3 - £5.

Guess it also depends though on how far the field is and whether the friend would be finishing off for you or if it's just a quick pop into the stable job until you get down there later.

GBL

Visit site
£1- £2 is the common price here. £5 seems a lot but it depends the distance to the field I suppose.

Shooting Star

Visit site
£1- £2 is the common price here. £5 seems a lot but it depends the distance to the field I suppose.

Yep £5 is definitely pushing the limits, I've known this be the advertised rate but they've tended to reserve charging at that level for the irritating liveries who give no notice, don't leave feeds ready and expect somebody to switch over a zillion rugs so £5 is meant to be a deterrent. Most I would say charge around £3.

AngieandBen

Visit site
As others have said depends on how far the field is. I don't charge at all, I just open the gate and stable doors and ours come down on their own :)

If I did have to go and get them it would be £1

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Ours is £2.70 which includes hosing legs, picking out feet, boots/bandages changes, and rug changes if required.

That's a bit specific!
They couid round it up, or rather down to
£2.50!

Average is £1-£2 but is depends on how field is and if hosing, rug change etc is also needed.

pegasus1986

Visit site
Field is very close to stables luckily and id always have stables ready for them all id get them to do is just hose legs off wouldnt need to change rugs. Do you charge per horse or per time to bring in. Thanks for the replys.

McCauley

Visit site
Cost is £2 to bring in and that includes picking out of feet too. They will also hang a small net if needed too on the occasion i've had to have this service for say a farrier's visit during the day.

chocolategirl

Visit site
I charge £1.50 Monday to Friday and £2 weekends and bank hols but built into that price is my 'care, custody and control' insurance which covers me to handle clients horses in case of an accident etc, my insurance would be invaluable so please take this into account when entering into theses types of arrangements.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
£3.50 catch in plus £1 to change rugs. They don't do feet from what I've seen. No idea if they put feed/haynet in.