how much to buy loan horse?

spotsmum

Visit site
My friend has a TB mare 18yrs on loan. Not done a lot for past 4 years due to owner ill health, but got bsja winnings. Ex in traffic, sensible ride, does have a couple of blemishes on her leg. She now wants to buy her but not sure how much she is worth -any idea?

popsicle

Visit site
It's the 18 year old bit thats the sticky point, plus not done anything for 4 years. I would say just a token amount to change ownership. I am sure the owner wouldn't feel the mare "owes her anything" You would be doing the owner a favour I feel. Why not offer £500?

spotsmum

Visit site
He has actually just rang and said 1500 with tack. It is an english saddle but nothing spectacular. I was thinking a grand with all tack! Dont want to insult him, tricky one!!!!

spotsmum

Visit site
Thanks, he is a friend of mine and so is the person wanting to buy her. Think i will let them argue it out!!! Thanks tho, has helped to back up our thoughts on price wise.

megwan1

Visit site
well fliss is a 17yr idxtb and has done alot of jumpin schooling etc probs class as a schoolmistress sort of thing

we paid £900 including 2 saddles, a billion and one rugs etc
hope that sort of gives u a clue
smile.gif

popsicle

Visit site
Why not show them the answers from this forum. Show them both. The owner probably has no idea and isn't trying to rip anyone off, but if you show them our answers then they are both aware! Or at least show the seller
smile.gif

spotsmum

Visit site
Good idea will do that to them both. Hope they sort something, mare is lovely and they get on well. Owner doesnt want the horse, so fingers x they can come to an agreement