How much to charge for my hen eggs?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Oddly enough, I've ended up with far too many hens... hatched a brood last year that turned out mainly girls so I now have 12 in total. Almost all are laying now and we can't get through the eggs ourselves so I'd like to sell some to friends. How much should I charge for 6 - the hens are pets so very happy and the eggs are all different colours. I see organic eggs in the shops are over £2 for 6, would £2 a box be reasonable?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Thanks, it was the change thing that I was thinking about in terms of £2 rather than £1.50, but then who has cash at all these days.... It would be nice to offset some of their feed and I'd love to hatch some more this summer to complete my egg colour range (lacking white and very dark brown). If I had a small market I could maybe justify increasing the flock a little more!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
When the ones near the yard were £1.50, there was always 50p in the jar if someone needed change. It's in a cul de sac only people accessing the footpath going past and the eggs are outside their house so less vulnerable to being taken than somewhere more open.