How much to expect to pay for grass full livery in Essex?

Visit site
Just looking for a rough idea of what you'd expect to pay for full grass livery in the Essex area? In fact anywhere within an hour or so of Hackney, East London?

By 'full' livery, I mean 24/7 turnout with daily check/feed/water etc 7 days a week. No exercising. Not too bothered about other facilities as long as the horse is happy.

A quick google finds plenty of examples of full livery on a more traditional yard set-up but none that offer 24/7 grazing (unless run as a 'retirement' livery facility, which isn't suitable).

I realise that land may be at a premium in these areas and I might be asking for the impossible?

Sorry also if this has been asked before, I've found a couple of similar posts but they date back quite a few years now and I think prices may have changed.

TIA

Last edited:

junglefairy

Visit site
I'd say anything between £150 and £300 depending on quality of grazing and facilities.

Good luck finding decent grass livery near London though, it's a nightmare.

ponypatters

www.ponypatters.com
I'd say about 180 per month, we are in Surrey and that is about the going rate for a retirement type livery set up where the horse is out 24/7 but everything is done for you.

junglefairy

Visit site
There are so few that I chose where I would live (albeit only renting) on the basis of a good yard that offered 24/7 turnout near London. PM me if you'd like info on my yard, though not sure it's within an hour of hackney.

chaps89

Visit site
Out of interest why are grass livery yards set up as retirement livery not suitable? In Surrey full grass livery (no riding but all feeds, rugs etc done) is anything from £180- £350. I'd expect to pay about the same in Essex I'd have thought.

Visit site
Out of interest why are grass livery yards set up as retirement livery not suitable? In Surrey full grass livery (no riding but all feeds, rugs etc done) is anything from £180- £350. I'd expect to pay about the same in Essex I'd have thought.

Thanks :) My understanding of a full livery yard specifically for retirement horses was that it is not set up for owners coming and going to ride etc. If I'm wrong then I'd happily look at yards that described themselves as this.

nicky_jakey

Visit site
There's one near me in south Buckinghamshire offering what you exactly describe for £300 per month. That's all in - feet trimming, worming, hay, feed. But also facilities etc.
Pm me of you'd like the details.