How much to offer?

Xtra

Visit site
Hi
I am thinking of buying one of my friends horses that she is not doing anything with work wise.

She is 12 year old mare who still has not been broken, although she has had tack on and someone sat on her back, as she has had at least one foal maybe more but we cant find any information on whether she has had more than one.

She is 16 hands approx and DWB (not anything special breeding wise but a nice horse)

What kind of money should I be expecting to pay?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I always find the best thing to do is put 16h broodmare into search engines and see what comes up - it shows you what is on the market that is similar.

Clippy

Visit site
It's a lot harder when the horse belongs to a friend.

TBH, i'd say £500. It's a gamble for you and your friend. She MAY make a nice riding horse, or she could have been previously broken and quirky, in which case, she'd end up being an expensive field ornament or brood mare

Xtra

Visit site
hi
Thanks for the replies.
I am 99% sure no one has tried to ride her and she seems quite calm but yes I agree it is a risk.

I wouldnt normally look at something like this but she is related to a horse I had and I am concerned for her if she is sold on to an uncertain future.