How much to pay for a showjumper.?

helpar

Visit site
I’m looking for a schoolmaster with proven form at 1.10 but it doesn’t need to jump higher than that.
Can anyone give an idea of price vs age? Many thanks

L&M

Visit site
I know someone selling a 13yr old mare, jumping up to 1m10, qualified for scope etc in past, for 3500. However, although a schoolmaster in the ring, has several issues, hence the price.......

Equi

Visit site
You can get that for £1 cause someone doesn't want their horse anymore, or you can pay thousands. As said, too many variables.

blitznbobs

Visit site
When I was looking - sensible reliable and proven and easy to find was advertised from 15k up ... there are those with quirks or much older for less but it really depends what you are looking for

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I know a couple for sale at the moment, both are around 13 years old.

One is a genuine schoolmaster, as in easy to do and any reasonably competent person could get a good tune out of her and she's in the £12-15k bracket. The other is a competition machine and is straightforward to manage, but she's quite sharp to ride so wouldn't be for everyone, and she's priced at approx £7k.

Hope that helps

ihatework

Visit site
0-3K if you will accept either late teens, managing more intensive vet issues, very tricky to ride or manage

3-6K if you will accept things mentioned above to a lesser extent or if it regularly gets a cricket score

6-10K for something that will do the job, might have the odd pole, but will likely have an if/but

10-20K for something younger, reliable, straightforward, pretty clean on vetting

Reactions: TGM

Quadro

Visit site
Depends on numerous factors
Do you want a horse that will get you round but have poles etc?
Do you want a horse that will win everytime out?
Do you want a horse that you need to ride round?
Or a horse that would take a monkey round and still win?
The latter will be alot more pricey than the former. You may find an ex eventer would do the job, and be cheaper, but may have poles here and there

Rollin

Visit site
I did not advertise my mare last year. I have decided to keep her, 12 clear rounds out of 14 starts at 1.05M, 6 years age. She would have gone to National Championships at Fontainebleau, had she not been kicked in the field 6 weeks before the competition. She had a hair line fracture but not lame, went back into work after two months and jumped two more clear rounds. Last weekend her first outing of the season, appalling conditions after an overnight storm, jumped another clear round at 1.10M. (She finished last season with two clear rounds.) Her rider said afterwards, "she got me out of trouble at the 6th" the distances were wrong between the 5th and 6th fence. I asked a totally unreasonable £10K for her!! She is home bred and home is where she will stay. Selling horses is just as frustrating as buying one.

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
I recently bought a BS registered 12yo Belgium Warmblood who jumps 1m25 and was jumping in newcomers. I paid 4k for him and he passed a 5 stage vetting however his flat work needs some working on but he jumps like a dream and also has loads of double clears... just a bit lazy!