16 stone. Not many men are under that weight

[/ QUOTE ]

Ermmmm.....I'm not many men then
tongue.gif
.....by a lot!

MillionDollar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Well personally I would say she should be good for 16 stone. Not many men are under that weight and she looks perfectly capable of carrying a man - she's a solid girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree!!! I only put 14 stone because i thought id play it safe, lol
grin.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
I'm not a light person but I ride a 15.3hh nearly pure TB at work, I do a lot of canter fitting work with her and she doesn't have any problem carrying me.
So I'm sure B could carry 15/16 stone. As long as your not going hunting all day.

GTs

Visit site
I agree with Tia 16 stone sounds very reasonable for her - there are guys riding polo ponies that weigh that much and the ponies do not struggle. Your mare can easily handle that weight, aslong as she has no other problems.

The other aspect of it though is what happens if the rider falls off - do make sure you are at a weight, where you are not going to do untold damage to yourself. If your mare gets hurt she can make lots of lovely babies, although you could do the same you can not sell yours as weanlings and call it a job!

Rambo

Visit site
She's a heavier build than either of mine, and they compete quite happily with 17st+ on their backs. It obviously depends on the rider, but I wouldn't be at all worried if a 16st 'average' rider got on her
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If your mare gets hurt she can make lots of lovely babies, although you could do the same you can not sell yours as weanlings and call it a job!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not unless you want to move to Malawi or somewhere similar
shocked.gif
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can't help on the weight issue - but just noticed you have changed your name AGAIN! Are you intending on doing it weekly now
tongue.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But of course!! Have to keep you ugly lot on your toes
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'd like to say I was being nice
blush.gif
.....sadly I wasn't, I was just being truthful!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you were - hence why I am delighted
grin.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
Well my ginger one is only 15hh and 3/4 TB with only 7 inches of bone, and at my heaviest she has hacked out with me and done long distance etc when I was 16 stone plus.

And she has never had back or soundness issues.

So I can't see you having problems there. Obviously as you get lighter then so much the better, I'm sure mine is feeling a bit of benefit but she can cope fine.