How much... (With a difference)

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
I am travelling a lot for work at the moment, and planning to advertise for a freelance groom to help me out when needed. I just want a rough idea of what I need to offer before I advertise, any help appreciated.

What would you think I should pay for the following;

AM - Mix up feeds and feed three horses - two in seperate fields, one in stable.
- Skip out colt (big softy) and replenish haynet and water (he's on EVA rubber matting so normally takes five mins to skip out)
- Top up waters in field, normally done with water carriers and wheelbarrow - field 100m from tap.

PM - Mix up feeds and feed
- Skip out colt, do haynets and water
- Depending on experience, lunge colt or walk out in hand.
- Depending on experience, exercise (ride or lunge) dressage horse - not necessary, just incase groom wanted some riding included.

AM normally takes me one hour, PM normally takes me about 1.5hrs depending on if I ride. I don't mind whether groom rides my horse or not, he will happily go a few days without being ridden.

Might be some poo-picking involved as well, depending how long I am away for, but fields are small and flat, with only one horse in each, so doesn't take very long at all, and muckheap about 10m from field gate!

Bossanova

Visit site
I think you need to pay £10/hour plus any travelling expenses really, to make it worth someone's while