How much would a lesson cost with an international show jumper?

82lt82

Visit site
Hi, I was considering having a lesson with a professional show jumper, however I was wondering what the average cost would be?
I have a few in mind and all have competed internationally.
Thanks for any replies :)

Daytona

Visit site
I've paid £50 for a group of four

Also £25 for a group of four

It all depends really on when, where and who.

katiey

Visit site
I did a clinic (there was 3 of us) with Paul Crago and that was £25.
I have also been in contact with him re private lessons as the clinic was fab and he said he charges £50 for hour private training x

BBH

Visit site
I think ' International showjumper' is a strange anomaly in that to some people it means people at the top of the game currently competing abroad / on teams etc etc or to others it can be people who have hopped over the channel and competed somewhere on foreign soil who call themselves international.

I think for a current really top rider they have to compete abroad anyway and would prob pay £75 +

for someone less proven or who was ' international' years ago prob £45 +. I don't mean that in derogatory terms but depending on what level you wish to achieve or compete at yourself courses and tracks have changed so someone riding big tracks years ago may not have the experience of todays very technical courses and yes they may be able to talk you around it but not be able to tell you the ' feel' so to speak. I suppose its talk the talk rather than doing the talk.

BBH

Visit site
I did a clinic (there was 3 of us) with Paul Crago and that was £25.
I have also been in contact with him re private lessons as the clinic was fab and he said he charges £50 for hour private training x

Paul Crago is someone who always has fabulous reviews. He was recommended by BS for my friends daughter to have lessons with.

DuckToller

Visit site
I think ' International showjumper' is a strange anomaly in that to some people it means people at the top of the game currently competing abroad / on teams etc etc or to others it can be people who have hopped over the channel and competed somewhere on foreign soil who call themselves international.

This made me chuckle - quite true! So it really depends on your definition.

To me it's just as important to find someone who you like and who works for you, so you might have to try a few.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
I had a lesson with James Davenport last year, it was £45 for an hour on my own but he wasn't going to charge us as mare wasn't sound. Really nice man and had her going lovely on the flat although unsound! Highly recommended.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Paul Crago is someone who always has fabulous reviews. He was recommended by BS for my friends daughter to have lessons with.

I would agree with this, £50 for individual lesson at his, a fantastic coach encouraging, interested & positive, great attention to detail & firm but fair. He does group lessons as well.

amage

Visit site
One thing to bare in mind is that just because somebody has competed internationally it does not mean they are a good teacher. I would be more inclined to look at somebody who has alot of students competing at a high level!!

BBH

Visit site
I think most people want a lesson with a top SJer as an ' experience' rather than regular training. Unless you are a pro yourself or an amateur with high aspirations there are many many good trainers out there for grass roots riders who don't charge huge sums of money.

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
NBC - i think that would depend 'who' you are, ive got friends who have lessons with him all year round but then they are top yoing riders so sort of figures

ellie_e

Visit site
It depends who it was! I echo someone's comment about teaching vs experience. I've trained with a pro who's great at what she does, however couldn't teach my horse, and told me to compete on acp

slumdog

Visit site
As someone above has said Di Lampard is £70 and then £60 thereafter, although actually catching her to book is proving difficult :(