How much would he be worth?! Approx (please!) *with a cherry on top!*

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
My current loan horse may go up for sale after my loan period (two months) owner is unsure how much he is worth (regardless of whether i want him or not)

So, 6yo(we think! Dentist out thursday) 15hh Passported as a cob but rather fine but not TB type fine, bit of a LW.
Abusive past so needs plenty of patience.

Coloured Gelding, schooling nicely over jumps but green and brave, likes a quiet rider who doesnt wriggle or faff too much, needs someone to give him confidence and schooling needs bringing on and fine turning.
hacks out alone or in company but is not a complete novice ride at all- never bucked/reared.

100% box, shoe (only shoed on fronts)

Would come with no tack etc, just a heacollar.

image_show2.jpg

23082008127.jpg

23082008128.jpg

LauraBR

Visit site
I would guess about £1k- £1.5k. Pretty little lad! What does he do that makes him not a novice ride at all?

His front feet would worry me a little as they don't look to match but it may be camera angles?

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
It is the camera angles, although he needs a farrier which is out tuesday!

He takes alot of his confidence from his rider, can be nappy, and very nervous.

Unfort hes on loan for two months then if i want to buy him i can, but they want him to be sold ideally (although not set in stone but its a good chance!)

pixiebee

Visit site
urm, well my loan with view to buy is 1700. He is a just backed 4 yr old, 15hh tb x welsh section D. So guessing he is not far off yours with regards to schooling etc. Wonderful temprement too.
picture.jpg

molehill

Visit site
I thought you said in a previous post that he had dumped you?
How did that happen if he doesnt buck or rear?
I know there are others ways to fall off,just interested i guess!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you said in a previous post that he had dumped you?
How did that happen if he doesnt buck or rear?
I know there are others ways to fall off,just interested i guess!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its simple really, he turned to run towards the gate (napped) and i wasnt prepared for him to turn so suddenly go and i fell out the side door by loosing my balance.
I class that as being dumped but perhaps people class being dumped as being thrown off rather than falling off.

As soon as i was on the floor he stopped and wandered back to me very much of the opinion 'why are you on the floor?'

I wouldnt say there was any malice in it.

molehill

Visit site
A difference of opinions!!
I would say being dumped was when the horse ment to shift you eg.bucking,rearing etc.
I you fall off say when a horse spooks etc,that is "falling off" as the horse has not ment for you to come off.
At least it wasnt the horse being nasty!!

Horsemad12

Visit site
I agree with the other posts on value........but agree a price now, don't risk putting lots of work in and transforming him and then they try and charge you more. Plus once you have had for a couple of months and fallen in love they may try and get you to pay more due to the emotional bond.

This has just happened on our yard, horse was worth £3500 but now they have put the price up to £5000 and she has fallen in love with her - very difficult!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the other posts on value........but agree a price now, don't risk putting lots of work in and transforming him and then they try and charge you more. Plus once you have had for a couple of months and fallen in love they may try and get you to pay more due to the emotional bond.

This has just happened on our yard, horse was worth £3500 but now they have put the price up to £5000 and she has fallen in love with her - very difficult!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch- how evil is that!!
mad.gif
very good idea, i hadnt thought of that.
grin.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Not an awful lot with those legs - I actually wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

But see what figure she comes up with. I certainly wouldn't expect to see it advertised for any more than around £1k to be honest.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
I think you need to be careful here I am sure it is fine but the way I read it is you are going to spend two months getting his teeth feet etc done then you are going to be riding him so in two months time they can ask a nice price. This may not be the idea now but if you get on well they might see ££££ and get greedy.

If you class your time and effort as money its lovely you have him to play with for 2 months but make sure you agree a price for how he is now not how he will be when you have put the effort in.