How much would I have to spend?

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Right, so how much would I have to spend to get the following:

Ideally a mare, but not a must, mid to late teens, Grade A looking for quieter life - ie couple of seasons jumping 110 - 120s at most, not necessarily desperately competitive
wink.gif

By a Grade A I mean something that has jumped consistently 130-140 over the years.
Don't mind high maintenance, easy ride isn't paramount, stable vices don't bother me and as long as it's not a violent bucker I will get on anything
grin.gif

The only real must is that it's not a nasty stopper and it travels well.
Any ideas?

1928sky

Visit site
Why does it have to be a grade A? There are plenty of older horses still active in later life that have jumped 1.20 all their lives and are still able to do so but haven't been scopey enough to jump bigger classes. If Grade As are not still jumping 130-140 in mid teens prob means they have health or soundness issues. A lot of these horses may well have been ridden by professionals and so are a lot less forgiving.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Spare scope is important for me if that makes sense
wink.gif

It doesn't need to be a forgiving ride, I have ridden and competed pro's horses and don't have a problem with that.
Maybe mid teens isn't the best description, maybe late sounds better.
Lets be honest 130-140 horse is not exactly a top class horse
smile.gif

Something that has to be carefully managed to stay on the road and competed very lightly is not an issue, it doesn't have to be out and about every week at all
cool.gif