How much would you pay for 1* event horse?

ropa

Visit site
I am looking at buying a new horse and I am an amateur and only weekend rider due to work commitments and therefore would like a horse that I can easily pick up on the weekend and event that doesn't need educating but simply ticking over in the week on full livery.

I thought that a not too flashy and hot 1* with a consistent double clear record that is being placed in at the teens at 1* with dressage in early 30s would be a good bet for me nipping around novice events safely on the weekend and taking sj and to elementary bd. I am probably buying more performance than needed but a good BE record is seductive when you want a consistent horse that doesn't need training for fun and hassle free riding on the weekend!

I have found one that fits the bill and is thoroughly sound post vetting and extensive X-rays. Slightly unnerved by the amount I have negotiated to buy at and therefore in need of some confidence that not paying over the odds! How much would you guys pay for that kind of horse?

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
Thats the area lots of people look at for a good horse, so you will be paying more. Bear in mind, if you are not working the horse during the week its behaviour will be affected when you go competing/ride at weekends. If someone has worked a horse to a good level it will need to maintain the level of work its in when you buy it to keep it going well and not regressing or playing up. Good luck with your search.

Luci07

Visit site
A horse with a decent 1* record who is a safe ride....say no older than 10, around 16.2 prob around the £25k plus mark. If it could qualify and did well at 1* then you can add more money on.