How much would you pay for a horse like this?

Its Not Magic

Visit site
15.2hh 8 years Nice paces, competed up to metre s/j, very brave x/c.
Won lots of times at big shows and placed in dressage.
Sensible and unspoilt.

coloured.jpg

coloured2.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
Marketed right, and on the assumption completely sound and viceless, hack and sane enough for amateur, this would likely be a 6K RC horse, possibly 7K depending on just how much and how well it has competed.

If it has an if or a but, then in the 4K region

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Blimey, that's cheap. Wished I could find one at that price!

Not in the current market, it's not. If the horse was 16hh then I'd pay up to £5k. Or if he/she was 15 - 15.2 cob type, again I would say around £5k. But beautiful as the horse is (and actually just my type) he/she is more finely built and only 15.2 hh so has a more limited market.

Time Tells

Visit site
I have been searching for over a year for a horse like that and everyone I have seen forsale is always over £4,500. It seems coloured are really sought after now and if it has nice straight paces and safe imo given what I have seen in the past year, it would go for over £5,000. Unless I am not looking in the right place, all the normal horsemart/quest/adtrader/coloured contacts bla bla bla.

You can get a bay or chestnut from £3,500 upwards, but not sure it would be everything I wanted at that price.

How much is it anyway?

millitiger

Visit site
easily £6.5k assuming no hidden issues.

Perfect horse for a competitive child coming off a 14.2hh and those are in very high demand, whatever the rest of the market is doing.

ihatework

Visit site
Not in the current market, it's not. If the horse was 16hh then I'd pay up to £5k. Or if he/she was 15 - 15.2 cob type, again I would say around £5k. But beautiful as the horse is (and actually just my type) he/she is more finely built and only 15.2 hh so has a more limited market.

I would disagree.
There is a huge market for mid-upper level RC types, that are well put together, look nice and will carry a wibbly middle aged! And there are actually very few nice ones around.
Location might be one sticking point, if that was being sold in london commuter belt area likely to have less problems than OP in devon.

Its Not Magic

Visit site

Hmmm So what breed would say it was and why would a heavier cob be worth more in your opinion. I see posts all the time looking for this sort of horse on here, so I am totally confused now.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I would disagree.
There is a huge market for mid-upper level RC types, that are well put together, look nice and will carry a wibbly middle aged! And there are actually very few nice ones around.
Location might be one sticking point, if that was being sold in london commuter belt area likely to have less problems than OP in devon.

Well the horse certainly looks very nice! :)

ihatework

Visit site
Guy's and gal's bear in mind it is a coloured.

For what reason - price?
I don't think the inflated coloured price we saw a few years back is quite so obvious now.
Coloured are so last season darling!
Seriously though, some people will avoid them (me included), for others the fact it's coloured might just seal the deal.
I've just looked on clip clop and assume you are planning on viewing/buying this horse rather than selling it! This dealer has a good reputation and you will always pay a premium from a good dealer. I would imaging it's up for 6K + but am happy to be proved wrong.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Hmmm So what breed would say it was and why would a heavier cob be worth more in your opinion. I see posts all the time looking for this sort of horse on here, so I am totally confused now.

Looks like a small warmblood type to me. Personally I prefer this type to heavier cobs but IME cob types can fetch a lot more as they are so sought after. I am not considering the horse's colour when I am quoting the price I would expect to pay as it is a personal thing that I don't value one colour over another. In reality, I think a prettier colour makes a horse quicker and easier to sell, but not necessarily more valuable.

Lolo

Visit site
Round here, £6k minimum... the prices quoted here are slightly crazy. Horse is stunning, well schooled, competed, jumps- perfect horse for a young teenage coming off ponies in a local PC setting.

Put it like this- a horse on our yard is 15.2hh, solid but not cobby, done Le Trec and a little bit of SJ but is a sweet and safe hack. He cost £3k without tack and he was fairly cheap...

team barney

Visit site
£6000 is over priced in todays market.

From the photos shown the horse isn't the neatest of jumpers and the horizontal nature of the bit in pic 1 and slight overbend doesn't indicate a particularly well schooled horse to me.

JoJo_

Visit site
I saw her on Clip Clop Traders too. Wish she was for sale when I went to visit them last year. I'd say 5k and she will be snapped up quick but 5.5k-6k is what i'd ask for her.

royal

Visit site
I show coloured horses and with this hat on, I like this horse very much. However, for non native coloured showing she is a not so good height. They go up to 153cm and then over 153. She would obviously be in the latter and would look small in a class that would be mostly 16hh +.

So saying that £5K....although, if she has won some seriously big show classes, you could go up to about £7K.

But again, this is with my showing hat on....her jumping style is a bit dangly so perhaps wouldn't appeal to an SJer as much.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I think its a nice horse, but I wouldn't pay near £6k for it. I've been keeping my eye on this type as I want something like it for my stepson (but dirt cheap!) and there are quite a lot around 15h similar for under £3k. For £6k I would want to see winnings at affiliated levels, and I'm another that thinks that under 16h doesn't get as much money - which is silly, but there seems to be a snobbery about having things over 16h! A lot of the kids at PC go straight onto big horses nowadays. So for me, £4-5k.