How much would you pay for DIY livery?

ecrozier

Visit site
It's getting more and more pricey round here (just outside M25). Basic yards with 20x40 schools and shared grazing etc with no services average around £150 PCM - some include straw bedding. Better yards like the one I am on with nicer/bigger schools, smaller or individual turnout, walkers etc, you are looking between £200-250 PCM. My stable is £52 a week, we have a 25x50 school well lit and daily leveling, walker, individual or paired turnout and amazing hacking plus all poo picking done for us daily! Which to me is worth easily £10 a week as it saves me the time....!

I See Clover

Visit site
I pay £65 pw, so around £260 pm for DIY. This includes huge stable, big outdoor arena, own field, excellent grazing all year round, small out door arena (good to use in winter), hay, feed, shavings, turnout and fed morning and night.
My horse is very much a good doer so it isn't amazing value for money in that respect but the yard suits us to a T and the people are so lovely.

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
I am moving yards on Sun and will be DIY/Part.

For DIY at this yard its £150 PCM, this includes stable, field, use of 2 outdoor schools, one 60 x 40 rubber, one 20 x 40 sand, both flood lit. Horse walker, solarium, wash down bay, heated, alarmed tack room, poo picking done for you (yay :D) hay and straw included. (Pity mine is on pellets!)

T/out B/Ins are 2.50

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Hey

I recently looked at a new yard and fell in love with the place! Drawback is the price, £150 per month in the Nottinghamshire area. Facilities include large floodlit outdoor school, big stables, individual turnout, excellent hacking (around grounds of a hall), kitchen area, alarmed tack room and trailer parking.

Normally DIY in this area is £20-£28 per week. Just wanted some opinions if you would pay this much for DIY?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

WOW to me that is good its how much I pay in Essex for DIY with fab off road hacking, large airy stables on a small friendly yard individual turnout both summer and winter paddocks, with smaller paddocks for quick turnout, lovely water straight from ground horses love it full size floodlit school with various jumps and a small lunge paddock secure alarmed tack room plenty of storage areas too.

I guess thats quite alot to pay in your area for all that?

Victoria25

Visit site
I pay £15 per week per horse so on a general 4 week month pay £120 for two. This is very very cheap though as it belongs to a lady who used to own horses, no longer does but lets me and my friend rent them off her and she likes having us there as she loves them as much as we do.
This includes large stables within a large barn so everything is inside/warm (good for winter), approx. 25 acres of turnout – can be separated into three sections but she lets us do as we please, large kitchen area with fridge, tea making facilities and 365 day turn out (day/night). Most places around us charge quite a bit for trailer storage but she doesn’t charge us. The yard is securely locked with only us having keys (and guarded a lot of the time by my rottie). I have a foal due next year and she wont charge me until it’s weaned/using its own stable.
Unfortunately we don’t have a ménage but can use fields etc for schooling if we want to but don’t as its quite uneven so tend to either hack to the local full size ménage (free to use but must share if others are in there already) where the local riding club do their shows through the summer or I tend to use the one behind our farm which charge £5 per hour but has show jumps in 
I do know though this is extremely cheap – other yards in our area are around £20-£40 per week per horse.