HOW MUCH?

Roany-pony

Visit site
I looked into this for my dog.Around here(Warwickshire) it was about £20-£25 a day.It is something I will do in the future as I don't think I will ever be able to put him into kennels.
grin.gif

Roany-pony

Visit site
Yep!!!That was for a 24 hour period!!The home I looked at was beautiful,the dogs had access to a huge garden,their own doggy room and endless toys etc!I suspose thats why they call it Home from Home!.I will certainly be using that sort of thing if I ever had to go away etc.
I would think you may get a discount if they were going for a longer period.
Around here it is getting very popular.The people I found were retired and only took on 2 dogs at anyone time(they had 1 of there own) I would feel sercure knowing Ice was going there rather than kennels.
I do think it is quite pricey but I would pay it if I had too.I tend to take him everywhere with me though,so its not a problem at the moment!
Hope that helps!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

sevenoceans

Visit site
He has been going to Forest's parents for few days but when he gets bit older (7 months at mo) he'll come with me to austria (where my parents lives) if i am staying there long periods of time.

I am prepared to pay someone to look after my dog at his home as i also have a cat but only for few days, maybe not prepared to pay that much if 2 weeks.

SSM

Visit site
We would have, however Bumble Dog is now passported and travels everywhere with us - she is a seasoned traveller!!!!!!!!!!

Oneofthepack

Visit site
I was quoted £28 a day for 3 dogs plus I had to take all their food and treats, which more than the £25 the kennels quoted but in the end I opted to pay someone to stay at the house as I wasn't happy with either of the other 2 options. The dogs owned by the people who boarded in their home were in really poor condition........what a crappy advert!

CAYLA

Visit site
Yep..........would not have left my dogs, if the ones in the home didnt look to good
crazy.gif

Did u pay for someone to look after them in your home or was it a friend?

sevenoceans

Visit site
well i don't really know as i never had dogs in kennels, or paid someone to look after it longer.. but as i work all day i searched high and low for a reasonable price JUST to take my pup for a 30 min walk at middle of day, the lowest was 10 quid which far more than what i earn in an hour! and IMO i call this bit of pleasure business.... i saved few quids by coming home during lunch, I have taken care of someone's dog for few weeks and wouldn't dream of them paying me as long they provide food, bed, and some emergency cash in event the dog needing vet... I like seeing a dog/dogs in home environment while owners are on hols.

Oh yeah I just remembered it now... I have been asked to house sit and look after a dobe and a JR for full 1 month. they say they'll give me 200 quid at the end of stay (i didn't take it as i had a plan during one weekend)

prose

Visit site
Because of the stupid rabies laws, my little pooch can never come with me when I visit Blighty, so I board her with a well-known trainer here. It's $60 a night, she gets to hang out with three Dobermans and a terrier in a gigantic house, and gets a bonus bath thrown in at the end.

I think a lot of pet owners would pay that little bit extra if the service was top-notch, and included lots of walks/play/cuddles, as well as emailing your clients photos of their dogs while they're away etc.

ciderminx

photobucket.com
I'm off to Oz for two and a half weeks so i looked into this sort of accomodation for my springer.
To put him into a family home environment would cost £16 pounds per day, but first you have to register for a fee of about twenty quid. If your dog takes a bit more looking after it goes up to £18

Oneofthepack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Did u pay for someone to look after them in your home or was it a friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid my next door neighbours daughter and her boyfriend to stay in the house as I knew they loved the dogs and would look after them the way I wanted. I also left them with a 3 page sheet of instructions just to make sure!

jinglejoys

Visit site
"Because of the stupid rabies laws, my little pooch can never come with me when I visit Blighty"

Those "stupid Rabies laws" are the reason we don't get that horrible killer desease on this little island!
cool.gif

kibob

Visit site

We pay £7 a day when we leave our dog with the dog-sitter. He stays in her house, with her dog and any other boarders that may be there at the time. She was living in a lovely barn conversion with it's own, very safe, fenced paddock, but she has now moved and is living in town so don't know whether her new place will be as suitable for my pooch cos he requires a lot of room.

She takes them for endless walks and they get loads of cuddles. My dog infact took a fancy to their leather sofa - much to my shock cos he isn't allowed on the furniture at home - so he's like a pig in poo when he goes there lol!!!

echodomino

Visit site
When I go away mum looks after my dogs, when mum and dad go away I look after their dogs. Mine are coming with me this year though as I hate going away without them.

prose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"Because of the stupid rabies laws, my little pooch can never come with me when I visit Blighty"

Those "stupid Rabies laws" are the reason we don't get that horrible killer desease on this little island!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I realise that, but if my dog has had a rabies booster, in addition to lepto/parvo, I don't see why, with a passport, she can't fly in the cabin as per most other airlines. Air France, Iberian, most of the US carriers etc. allow small dogs in the cabin in a suitable carrier (usually one or two dogs per flight) and it irks me that I can't come home, with said dog, to see my family
mad.gif

Tia

Visit site
So why don't you get her a passport? Then your dog could travel back and forth to the UK with you.

fruity

Visit site
When i'm asked to look after my clients dogs i stay in their house to housesit them.I can't really keep them at mine as i have 2 JR's in a 2 up 2 down town house so not enough room! I charge £25 a day but this includes 2 good walks a day(an hour each),feeding etc.The dog is always with me i never leave it.If the dog doesn't need that much exercise i will bring the charge down.I do what suits the dog and owner.It always works out well as the dog knows me anyway from regular walkies with me so feels totally at home.I know a lady who charges £29 just to look after a dog in the daytime not inc the night too so not bad my prices i think as this includes travel too.