how necessary are windows on a horsebox?

amycamycamyc

Visit site
slightly random question as I'm just starting on my hunt for a 3.5t horsebox.
I've seen one that looks potentially within my price range, but it doesn't appear to have any windows on the sides of the van (vauxhall movano conversion). Is this normal? Is this ok? Will the horses overheat?!
There are two large ish windows on the back, and the horses are rear facing so this would give them a view of the road at least...

PuzzlePiece

Visit site
Personally I dont like the transit style 3.5 ton boxes for this reason. I'm sure its perfectly fine for the horses as there are a lot out there and if theres windows out the back im sure they'd be fine.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I hired a Renault master equitreck thing and the condensation in December was unreal. Similar box and long journey in July it seemed ok. You definitely need good ventilation.

Leg_end

Visit site
As above, you definitely need good ventilation. My little 3.5T lorry has 3 windows (one each side near the head and one on the drivers side wall in the horse area) and at the weekend it was boiling, my horse is a warm traveller anyway but it was like a wall of heat when we opened the ramp. Due to this the lorry went in yesterday to have a roof vent added which should make a difference.