Visit site
Omg wtf are they doing to that poor horse
confused.gif

f_s_

Visit site
I can't watch all of that
shocked.gif
frown.gif

It's making me cringe, and the poor horse is so confused!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Why are they doing this????
shocked.gif

f_s_

Visit site
Does it get worse??
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I only watched until the other person came in, then had to stop the vid as it was so awful!!
frown.gif
mad.gif

saddlesore

Visit site
I think they are trying to do parelli, just very badly! Looks like they are "working" on the short line and have a longer one lying on the floor.
they clearly have no idea what they are doing though!
crazy.gif

f_s_

Visit site
OMG!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

If that's an example of Parelli then......I can't express on an open forum what I think!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
frown.gif

TicTac

Visit site
Poor horse. I guess it is a youngster but what idiots especially that fat woman who took over. Makes me so cross to see that sort of treatment.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
I was shouting at the screen
mad.gif
Poor horse.

All things considered he's a saint I think
smirk.gif

Rest of the vid showed her riding him at a walk round the arena and that was all they did
confused.gif

f_s_

Visit site
You lasted longer than me then!!!
grin.gif

I just couldn't watch it all! I'm actually sitting here thinking I wish I had him/her!!!

ldlp111

Visit site
OMG that poor horse how cruel yank it harder?? wtf and whack it on the side of the head????OMG complete idiots should be called HOW TO RUIN A HORSE!!!!
mad.gif

TicTac

Visit site
My feeling is that ' parelli' or what ever theme you must put to that particular display of training was carried out very badly. So before we get into a debate about how bad Parelli is, I have seen plenty of bad displays of horemanship and training from all types of trainers. I am not a Parelli worshipper, but I do get fed up with the slagging off that it gets on here.

ldlp111

Visit site
if i done that to my horse she would be rearing by half a minute and probly buck me off next time i rode. not that i would obviously

Patches

Visit site
Whatever happened to talking to your horse too?

The first woman never made any attempt to communicate with her horse, apart from swinging a rope at it. There was no praise, no nothing.

I was sat agog, open mouthed at the screen when the other woman took over. How on Earth any one could possibly think that was good education for the horse, lord knows.

What was with the sand piled up in the school too? Most weird. It was snowing outside as you could see snow at the bottom of the barn door. Wonder if it had frozen up inside, sounded hard under the horse's feet.

f_s_

Visit site
Please don't take that the wrong way! I agree that there are some awful displays of horsemanship all round, and no one method has the exclusive deal on that!!
grin.gif

But, if that is what the video is trying to portray, then is really terrible, and I feel so much for an animal which is, confused and being given totally conflicting signals.

It wasn't a "pop" at any particular method
smile.gif

mik

Visit site
bad horsemanship is bad horsemanship what ever label you put on it, just as good horsemanship is obvious when seen in action or riding/handling its results. I have never done, parelli, natural? horsemanship etc, but my old trainers were incredible and knew all about horses and their reactions and how to manage them well, using the horses natural instincts, and common sense, it was never given a name, it was horsemanship. full stop.

This is an example of bad horsemanship.