How often do you poo pick your field?

Clodagh

Visit site
I poo pick in summer, daily the field I can see from the house. I have 3 one acre paddocks and only 3 ponies so I rest and harrow. (Did the home paddock yesterday and it will now be rested until May. I think tapeworm can live for 6 months, others for less time.

D

Donkeymad

Six on two acres (small ones!), split and rotated. Poo pick every day summer and winter.
Two large ones on three acres, split and rotated, never poo picked but harrowed and rested. Not my horses, not my choice.

lucy1984

Visit site
3 horses on 5 acres.

Living out 24/7.

Gets harrowed a few times a year.

Sometimes go in different fields to have a rest/take for hay etc.

Poo pick around the hay area in the winter only so it doesnt keep building up.

beckypj

Visit site
I have a small pony and a big pony on 3 acres in total, who are out 24/7. In the spring/summer I poo-pick daily - only takes 10 minutes or so. But this time of year I can only do it at weekends as I work full time - I am out of the house from 7am to 5.30pm and I don't fancy doing it in the pitch black! It usually takes me an hour at least on Sat and then I go round again on Sunday and do another load, which takes much less time. It is a thankless task (esp when they wait until I have cleared the field to do a massive pile right down the bottom!) but it keeps the field looking nice and it's nicer for them! I like the idea of a "poo hoover!!"

LankyDoodle

Visit site
We worm our horses and neither of them have worms, but we poo pick to keep the field decent for them. I always groan and say well it will just rot down, but as my grandad would say (he's a farmer) - horse poo rotting down can spoil the grazing if enough is left for long enough. I haven't always poo-picked but now I rent my own stables/field, I have an agreement with the lady who owns it that I will keep the field well as that works for both me and her.

Fairydust

Visit site
my field is about 2 1/2 acres, with one t.b. and a 12.2hh pony sharing, during the summer months when they are out 24/7 they get poo picked twice a day and during the winter when they are in at night they get done once a day.

Horses are worm counted twice a year and have always been clear, I also found that by picking up the droppings this often I don't have any 'sour' spots of grass which the boys just won't eat, so fully utilising all the grass available.

china

Visit site
twice a day everyday. he is in a sand paddock in the winter and a small grass paddock in summer and rotated around a few paddocks.