How often do you work your youngster?

TequilaMist

Visit site
We have recently backed my 4yr old and he has been an absolute star about it all.
Just don't want to take advantage of his good nature.He gets worked for 2/3 days in row for 10 - 20 mins per day then day off.Would I be better doing something most days or just do 2/3 times a week?
He does learn things quickly but also seems to forget them as quickly. I understand each should be assessed individually but generally what do you think?
Thanks

cob&onion

Visit site
I backed my cob last july and just stuck to hacking for approx 20 mins 3 - 4 times per week and through in a 10 min schooling session once a week. We did a w&t test in the october and a couple of inhand things she was then turned away till feb this year then brought back into work slowly :). I was careful not to push her as she was very willing and so straightforward :D I loved every minuate of it and can't wait to start my welsh boy next summer :D

TequilaMist

Visit site
Thanks. He is such a babe don't want to take it that step too far and find he's telling me to p off!lol
I am enjoying it so far.Thought I would be more worried than I am but hes so good.Thinks about it then goes oh ok.