How often do you...

Prefer to just 'go do it'

• Total voters

KJJ

Visit site
NEVER go in the school EVER!!

However Sally2008 is gunna come and give me a hand and get me into this schooling malarkey!!
blush.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss is schooled 5 nights a week in the winter on the school (weather permitting) as i dont get to the yard until its dark. In summer its 4 times a week, hacked out twice and competed once - if not competing then day off. In winter she'l get hacked on one day of the weekend and jumped on the other if not competing.

riotgirl

Visit site
I school 3/4 times a week and hack out the remaining times. However, the past month or so we have had a 'back to basics' regime as she was getting a little unpredicatable so we haven't done any road hacking, just across the stubble fields. Tomorrow we go out on the roads again, so fingers crossed!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I school at least 3 times a week but intersperse that with lunging and pole-work, I also hack 2-3 times a week also, but this will change to just weekend days as the nights draw in
frown.gif

Spring is currently being lunged every morning and ridden every evening at the moment as they have just moved fields and she is looking a little rotund!
blush.gif

katiejaye

Visit site
In winter I school 4-5 nights (intermingled with a jumping session) a week as I come after work so it's normally very dark.

In summer I school 3-4 times a week, normally jump once a week and hack 1/2 times a week depending on whether I'm competing or not. If I compete then he normally gets a day off after.

slivertonics

Visit site
dont have a flat field let alone a school!
box them up and drive 6 miles to hire school about once every 6 weeks, hack out most nights apart from in winter when i can only ride at weekends
frown.gif

i am hoping my father will make a little menage for me but so far i have failed to confince him this makes sense lol

Taz975

Visit site
On average, school on the flat three times a week, hack twice a week, one day off & a day competing. Sometimes may have a jumping lesson though or two days competing. I dont school the older horses as much though & more hacking.

Helenabbey

Visit site
I only go into the shool once a week, sometimes if he feels chilled I will do some circles in the field on a hack. I do transitions, rein back, tunns on forehand/haunches and leg yielding on hacks though, and hack 3 times per week. I jump twice a week and he has a day off each week too.

pottamus

Visit site
I don't have access to a school without boxing and I work so don't have time to box during the week. So I hack all the time but do try to do some schooling on hack, even at a basic level. We do transitions, leg yielding, different paces of trot etc.

teapot

Visit site
It's hte only thing I could do with Baron - he was unbelievably green on the flat for a 9yr old and there was no way in hell I was going to jump him

So normally twice or 3 days a week

Maislow

Visit site
I ride mine every day, schooling mon - fri & hacking on the weekends. I ahve big stubble fields to school in which are great. One week day is her day off which varies on how she feels

RunToEarth

Visit site
Work oshka in there 2 or three times a week. Willow and Murph are more difficult, about once every fortnight, because I just dont have facilities down there, and fields are only good for a certain part of the year. At the moment I am working Daisy and Eric almost every day.