How old were you when you got your first horse/pony?

tarzipan06

Visit site
My mum had horses so I got to potter about on them a bit, but had to plead, beg and nag for a pony when my mum succumbed and bought me one when I was 13 a 14 hh NF who was really wizzy.
My kids are thoroughly spoilt and had a pony each (until recently) from 2 years old. My son at the tender age of 4 has given up
confused.gif

How spoilt are the kids of today
ooo.gif

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I got my first very own pony when I was 12. But I grew up on a livery yard and so was riding and mucking out lots of horses/ponies as soon as I could walk. I wasn't allowed my own until I was old enough to do everything with it safely on my own as my mum already had 20+ others to do! I am grateful really as it made me appreciate having a horse and what hard work and comittment they are.

Chumsmum

Visit site
I know exactly what you mean - I have to pinch myself sometimes that I own my own horse
smile.gif
I have always loved horses but except for the usual donkey rides as a kid, I first sat on a horse when I was 29. I had the Shetlands for my 30th birthday and had my first pony Chumley when I was 31 - dreams do come true!

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly what you mean - I have to pinch myself sometimes that I own my own horse
smile.gif
I have always loved horses but except for the usual donkey rides as a kid, I first sat on a horse when I was 29. I had the Shetlands for my 30th birthday and had my first pony Chumley when I was 31 - dreams do come true!

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinking heck C, I thought you were about 24-26 years old lol

Better start acting my age around you lol

Gh

celia

Visit site
17 - she's arriving next week!
grin.gif
Have had one on part-loan for nearly a year but sister and I now have/earn enough between us to pay for our own. (I'll be keeping loan horsey as well though - love him too much to let him go and sister will probably ride new one more as she's only little!)