how quickly are horses selling at the moment?

newboult51

Visit site
sloooooowwly. Put mine up a month ago now! Very little interest although she ticks all the boxes and I'm told, is a reasonable price. I'm trying to decide whether to leave it until autumn now or to keep trying...

abracadabra

Visit site
well the 'tyre-kickers' are still out and about
smile.gif

actually selling though, seems very slow

Taffster

Visit site
I sold mine within 2 weeks (chestnut in siggi) she was n't cheap but she does have the basics to be something special. Sold it to 2nd person who came to look although she took a week to decide only had 3 calls for her though and once the add had been on 3-4 weeks got lots of text messages showing interest!

abracadabra

Visit site
i had one that said REALLY she wanted one with white socks (had she not SEEN the photo of a dark bay with no markings?!)
and another wanting the horse (15.1 anglo arab broken last winter) for her 8yr old grand-daughters first pony, shes started having lessons you know..!

am not selling her now, yay (was only really going thru the motions for my OH
smile.gif
)

savannahmelody

Visit site
How longs a piece of string really,know thats not very helpful but friends recently had very different experiences a lot seems to depend on what your selling.
Two friends selling nice all rounder cob types for between 3500 and 5000 both sold in a week to first people who phoned as soon as ads went on line another friend with a couple of project type horses around the 1500 mark has had them up for over a year with hardly any interest.

eoe

Visit site
It seems to depend on what the horses are doing the ones who are out competing every week and people can see that for themselves on the internet seem to be selling and the bomb proof cobby types seem to be selling anything in between that looks good but isn't out competing regularly don't seem to be selling very quickly.

DW Team

Visit site
I have just sold my 4 year 17.1hh with in 2 weeks and still getting calls about him. Second person bought him and he went ot his new home last Saturday. He is green but jumping a small course of fences.

sky1234

Visit site
Well, I have just bought my new horse (had him for 6 weeks now!) The types I were looking at were going very quickly, and I missed out on several I wanted, even though the adds had only just come out.
My new boy is gorgeous, 17.2, 8yr old, safe, sensible and sound with masses of potential. I think those types are always in demand.