how sad are you?!

Paddy Irish

Visit site
I see a stride into kerbs and cracks on the pavement as I walk. Didn't realise it was so obvious till I was walking with my OH and he remarked, 'That was a long one' as I tackled a particularly tricky kerb, White line, kerb, crack combination!

This made me hoot - crazy mare! :D:D:D

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
I see a stride into kerbs and cracks on the pavement as I walk. Didn't realise it was so obvious till I was walking with my OH and he remarked, 'That was a long one' as I tackled a particularly tricky kerb, White line, kerb, crack combination!

I do that too! There's a footpath near me that's a slight zig zag, so I pretend I'm at Badminton, trying to impress the selectors, and go the quick way over the corners!

When I was younger I used to race people when I was walking down town, I'd pick a lamppost in the distance, and see if I could get to it before the person who was walking in front of me - I'd hear Peter O'Sullivan doing the commentary in my head as I won by 20 lengths, or a short head!

Kenzo

Visit site
Ha haa brilliant post and yes I'm as mentally ill as you lot too. :D

I always look at grass fields and think hmmm that would be a nice field to ride in or keep your horses in, or look at hedges and ditches and think hmmm I’d love to jump that etc etc

It seems that horse folk have a one track mind….ones it's in your blood, you're well and truly possessed!

Hippona

Visit site
I'm obsessed by checking out the quality of other peoples grazing....ie grass length/amount of weeds/how much poo is in the field.....

I have on several occasions almost ended up in said fields .....driving with your head over your shoulder shouting to the kids 'Look! they've got loads of docks in their paddock'......not always a good move:eek:

MagicMelon

Visit site
ok so i drive along and approach a speed bump. and pretend that i am jumping it as i would on a horse

I dont do that with speed bumps, but from a young age I would look out the window and imagine myself jumping a horse over the fences / walls etc. alongside the car! I still do it when I'm bored and recently found out my mum did exactly the same as a kid! Weird.

As I drive along, I'm always looking for "perfect" fields for grazing (walled parkland with occasional oak trees is my favourite...!) and flat bits for riding on. I also look for really wide grassy verges which would be good to canter along (even though I dont even hack!).

Last edited:

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
When I ride my bike, I actually get into jumping position when I go over speed bumps. The worse of it is, that I'm usually always wearing my jods anyways when I do it!!

My dog is off lame at the moment and the vet told me to start exercising her slowly when she comes off her meds- I told my OH yesterday that the vet told me to start "bringing her back into work slowly". My OH just looked at me and said "she's not a horse you know!" :p

shorexhorse

Visit site
A bit different to the other posts on here, but before I got a horse I would browse all the online horsey shops like robinsons, and collect pictures of tack,stirrups,rugs, any kind of horsewear so that I could build up a virtual wardrobe for my potential equine! I expanded to yards and show jumps too and saved them all in a folder on my laptop.

Juniper Jack

Visit site
When out driving, I "jump" roadside hedges and fences in my head, picturing myself on a horse. And fences between houses on neighborhood streets.

Anyone else do half-halts at stop signs? In your car?

morrismob

Visit site
I am truly sad, I don't 'do' dressage but when driving and listening to music I perform in my head all the possible movements that would be fab for horse to perform to the music for dressage. But after reading these posts I am not the only strange one !! Thank god we are all insane together at least we will have company .

my bfg

Visit site
Crikey reading all the posts has made me realise im not that odd after all lol

When im walking i will quite happily pop a ditch

When i mount a kerb on my bike i go into jumping position

My very understanding dog can walk, trot, canter and do a flying change on command (even though - sadly - I am currently unable to get my neddy to do any of that!)

I check out the quality of other peoples grazing, fencing and frequently tut at the state of the poo picking

When driving i feel terrible passing a neddy with a loose surcingle flapping about

Im sure there must be a certified Equine version of OCD!! :)

animal

Visit site
When i was younger i used to get my whip (!) and showjump round the garden. I used to imagine i was riding troubled horses, making them spook etc!! I i felt myself starting to "refuse" a jump i would give my self a smack with my short little stick!!

Also still practise dressage tests by doing it in the garden!

pardalis

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I just thought I was bonkers. I do a lot of this and have done since I started riding and before. I will do my extended trot to the train station with pride now!! X

Selinaswift

Visit site
If one of my friends is walking particularly slowly, I click and say,'walk on!' It also has the opposite effect where if they walk to fast, i give them a (friendly) tug and say, 'half halt'
I also find that anything that I hold, I hold it as if it were reins, like my handbag for instance, :rolleyes: