How to carry my phone in my "smart" riding gear :)

Visit site
Hello! My mobile phone is pretty large.... and I want to take it with me when I do the Common rides over the next couple of weeks. My pre Covid phone fitted in my tweed jacket pocket but my new phone will not fit in there safely and my "smart" jods don't have a phone pocket. Any ideas how I can carry it quite discreetly and keep it secure? I do have a bum bag that I use for everyday riding but it doesn't look very smart :( Any help appreciated!

Nasicus

Visit site
Can you fit your bumbag + phone under your jacket if you wear it backwards?
Or like PP says, down your boot, although don't do this if you're likely to sweat a lot and your phone isn't rated for it, I managed to mess an old non-water-resistant phone up doing just that ?

Sparkeyboy

Visit site
I have this problem too! I've got a Samsung Note which is pretty large and won't fit anywhere. I resorted to a bum bag that's thin material so it wasn't bulky, it looks like it's made from neoprene and I pop it under my top. Only thing is, it does get a bit warm :oops:

I've purchased a smart watch so I don't need to take my phone with me on rides. What about a hi vis waistcoat with a good pocket?

Squeak

Visit site
Could you maybe get a phone case/ carrier of some sort that could go around your neck but is long enough to tuck in to the top of your jacket?

Visit site
Can you fit your bumbag + phone under your jacket if you wear it backwards?
Or like PP says, down your boot, although don't do this if you're likely to sweat a lot and your phone isn't rated for it, I managed to mess an old non-water-resistant phone up doing just that ?

Tried that but it just look s abit bulky at the back. My bum is big enough already haha

Visit site
I have this problem too! I've got a Samsung Note which is pretty large and won't fit anywhere. I resorted to a bum bag that's thin material so it wasn't bulky, it looks like it's made from neoprene and I pop it under my top. Only thing is, it does get a bit warm :oops:

I've purchased a smart watch so I don't need to take my phone with me on rides. What about a hi vis waistcoat with a good pocket?

Mine is a samsung too! They are huge aren't they!

Ratface

Visit site
I have a fluorescent yellow waterproof bumbag which I use for Samsung phone, horse sweets and hoofpick. Useful bit of kit and has lasted for years, now.

Widgeon

Visit site
Could you maybe get a phone case/ carrier of some sort that could go around your neck but is long enough to tuck in to the top of your jacket?

I do that - my regular phone case has a metal loop on the bottom and I thread a lanyard through it. Then it goes round my neck and down the front of my air jacket. Means I can use it to take photos while I'm riding without worrying about dropping it!

ETA mine's only a little old iPhone though, not sure I'd fancy doing that with one of those massive new Samsungs. Maybe a neoprene padded lanyard...?!

XindieX

New User
Visit site
If you’re handy at sewing, could you make and stitch a big enough pocket on the inside of your jacket to safely hold your phone? Or find someone who might be able to do this for you

Skib

sites.google.com
I use a Rohan type waist body wallet all summer when riding. It holds my wallet, keys and phone. Currently £ 7.99 from Mountain warehouse.