how to deal with someone like this...

teamsarazara

Visit site
My mum was talking to a girl at work and she seemed to know me, so added me on facebook but I did not have a clue who she was. She has lots of photos on her facebook of horses who are obviously not hers 1. Because I know who's horses they are and 2. One of the horses, I went to try. And the pictures of her actually riding aren't amazing, I don't have a problem with her being interested but she's obviously lying, she put up a picture saying ' me a few years ago ' but I was grooming at the show where the picture was taken and it was in september?:s I don't want to offend her by deleting her, just seems very strange!

Sheep

Visit site
Just ignore it. You can change your privacy settings so she doesn't see anything new you add, just so you can avoid her.

I remember when my friend was selling her mare a few years ago, a girl added her on facebook, who was interested in the mare. She added all the pictures from the advert to her profile, describing her as being 'my new horse'- my friend stopped answering her calls to come and view after that..!

Mike007

Visit site
There are far worse people in the horse world than this dreamer. We all kid others and ourselves a bit, sometimes I actualy think I can ride:D

Andiamo

Visit site
I know someone as well that does this...puts up pics of herself on client's horses on facebook, as though they are hers, and has looked up background info on the horses breeding etc and also posted it on her page on facebook. It gives the impression to people that these top expensive horses are hers, and there is no mention of the actual owners, which I find quite disrespectful. Glad it's not just me that finds it a bit disturbing. Good thing the owners aren't on facebook, not sure what they would make of it...I certainly wouldn't want pics of my horse on her facebook page (without asking my permission), I would ask her to remove them.

teamsarazara

Visit site
No, she's probably in her late 20's? This is why I think its strange, no my mum works in an office, my mum isn't horsey in the slightest.

newbie_nix

Visit site
She sounds a bit needy and as others have said, lost in her own little world.

Has she definitely said she owns the horses ? Or is she just being super enthusiastic about all things horsey. In which case she probably doesn’t think she is doing anything wrong. (but I can see why you would find this annoying)

I know people who are a bit selective about the truth at times. If it’s only minor things I let it slide but i sometimes wonder why people feel the need to misrepresent themselves. Sometimes I think its a confidence issue.

As to whether you keep her as a FB friend or not then that’s up to you. If you do then maybe a limited access setting would be a good idea if the thought of her being able to access your pics and info makes you feel uncomfortable.

teamsarazara

Visit site
I don't want to upset anyone, especially not making things awkward for my mum. I've decided to keep her as a friend but have restricted her. Thanks everyone.