How to find a good pony club pony??

sparky1981

Visit site
Ok advice needed. Ponies are soooo hard to find! Especially in the south west it seems!we have a lovely pony for my daughter that she is looking a bit big on and he really isn’t massively keen on doing lots of pony club and jumping and would rather be on the lead rein again or off hacking and hunting. He’s been a great first step off lead rein but now I feel he’d rather being doing other things. So this brings me to having to look for another which I know are like hens teeth. We aren’t quite looking for a second pony but not quite a first either!!and the 12.2hh to 13.2hh height range seems even more tricky to find!so can anyone suggest where to find these gold dust ponies?an older been there done it type ideally?wheres best to put an advert?any help would be amazing

HeyMich

Visit site
Are you a member of a pony club already? If so, just ask around there. Put messages up on the club website /fb page. It might be that something is coming up for loan soon, or folk are thinking of selling over the summer, and you'll get first refusal.

AnShanDan

Visit site
Get your DC or Sec to email all the local branches with a wanted ad? I've done this for people a few times and it often seems to turn up ponies.

gallopingby

Visit site
Pony Club website or word of mouth. Yes really hard to find and you should be prepared to travel for the right pony who will be much loved and sadly outgrown. Genuine advertised ones will sell very quickly but the seller should be able to produce countless photos/videos of their child having fun in the pony, not necessarily recently filmed.

Thea

Visit site
Word of mouth is the best way, I have an almost ultimate 13.2 pony club pony, I say almost as she’s not a nervous child’s hunter (likes to be up the front with the Big boys jumping the hedges rather than trundling along at the back). I’ve had her 15 years and she’s now in her 4th loan home and has a list as long as my arm of next in lines. The really good ones don’t go on the open market so I would tell everyone and anyone what you are looking for and I’m sure one will come up.

twiggy2

Visit site
I wouldn't look at the grey seeing how it is bitted up in all the photos and the second states something along the lines of good second pony for a confident child so sounds like it may be forwarded going and sparky.
Word of mouth is the best way, get your daughter having some lessons with pony club instructors and speak to them. To be honest though a lot of pony club ponies have a quick or three and out daughter will learn to manage them. It's handy towage instructors who know the pony to help your daughter with that though.