Pictures How to fix this mane?

TreeDog

Visit site
Little lad came to me with a bit of a blunt haircut, I'd hoped it would grow out and look ok but two months later it still looks bad! He was looking particularly scruffy today but hopefully you can see what I mean. What would you do to improve this a bit? Or should I just leave it and wait for it to grow out naturally?
Capture2.JPG
Also here's another photo just because he's cute even when scruffy!
Capture7.JPG

TreeDog

Visit site
Then leave well alone.
Yes I thought this might be the best answer, it just bothers me that I can still see the blunt scissor cut. I guess it will grow out eventually. I don't do much to my bigger horse's mane other than very occaisionally trim straggly ends, so I've never learnt much about mane maintenance!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Little lad came to me with a bit of a blunt haircut, I'd hoped it would grow out and look ok but two months later it still looks bad! He was looking particularly scruffy today but hopefully you can see what I mean. What would you do to improve this a bit? Or should I just leave it and wait for it to grow out naturally?
View attachment 63374
Also here's another photo just because he's cute even when scruffy!
View attachment 63398
He’s a little sweetie ?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
If it really bothers you you can thin the ends with a razor or mane rake thing. Or some careful scissor work, cutting up into the mane with scissors parallel to the hairs. It does take a while for blunt cut ends to grow out properly but 6 to 8 months, not years. So just wait it out. Since he's a baby I'd just leave him to get on with it.